Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:48 AM

65 posts, read 116,288 times

Advertisements

Have friends that live in RBR. I hear only good things, so I'm biased. I live down the street on Potranco.

Yes, there is road expansion project that will begin this year and take til 2014 to complete. Is traffic bad...only if the power is out

Honestly, if your used to having to commute to work like I am, then it won't be a problem, but the natives of SA believe that if anything is farther than 15 minutes drive away, then it's far. It's all perspective.

P.S. I love SA, I'm not trying to knock it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 09:56 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iffy028 View Post
Were did you move to get more space? It seems like the majority of the neighborhoods are right up on eachother.
We're in the process of moving to a community off of Talley. The yard is about 3 times the size of what we have in Westcreek. Of course the price is well over double as well.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:39 PM

22 posts, read 27,370 times
Default What..

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffy028 View Post
I'm coming from Aberdeen area.
On earth is possessing you to move to SA?

I lived in Havre de Grace, Forest Hill and Elkton , MD for 30+ years been here for 6 years and not a day goes by that I dont think about the natural beauty of MD...and the crabs!

Old 05-10-2012, 04:07 PM

There is certainly beauty to be seen here in Texas.
The weather is an improvement in my wife's opinion.

We do miss real crab cakes though!

Can't beat the cost of living here compared to MD.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:08 PM

7 posts, read 14,422 times
I lived in the Annapolis area for 20+ years and missed the crab cakes also. San Antonio in the summer is going to be a killer.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:38 AM

We've only been here a year, so I can't really speak to how the weather is generally here in the summer.
However, I didn't find it that bad last summer. I certainly wanted to stay out of the sun during the peak part of the day, that's not hard to do though.
Overall, I didn't find it much more uncomfortable than a MD. summer, what with the 90+ and high humidity.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:43 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
On earth is possessing you to move to SA?

I lived in Havre de Grace, Forest Hill and Elkton , MD for 30+ years been here for 6 years and not a day goes by that I dont think about the natural beauty of MD...and the crabs!
I lived in Maryland for five years (Laurel and Glen Burnie) and was back a few months ago. Not a day goes by that I thank God I no longer live there! It was a nice area but I have a buddy who was a cop there and he tells me it has declined significantly.

And while we may complain about traffic on 410 and 1604, it's nothing compared to that area!
Plus, growing up in Florida, I know what real seafood is, and it's not something smothered in Old Bay!

So I completely understand why someone would move from there to here, plus I suspect the OP is military so they don't really have much choice in the matter...

Cheers! M2

Old 05-11-2012, 02:19 PM

554 posts, read 1,067,764 times
We live in Redbird Ranch and it is a quiet nieghborhood. I don't find traffic on Potranco to be a problem as I am usually not driving east on Potranco during the peak traffic hours, and have no problems coming west on Potranco. I work at Ft Sam, and it is a breeze to go from home to work and vice versa. I use 211 and Highway 90 to and from work, and only have to drive on Potranco for about a mile. I do agree that as the area builds that traffic on Potranco will worsen, but it's not too hard to avoid Potranco, you might just have to go a few miles out of your way, but it will save time. There were some problems with kids vandalizing the pool area and tennis courts, but they have installed security cameras now. As of yet I have seen no tagging in the neighborhood, and hope I never do.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:32 PM

22 posts, read 27,370 times
Default Glen Burnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I lived in Maryland for five years (Laurel and Glen Burnie) and was back a few months ago. Not a day goes by that I thank God I no longer live there! It was a nice area but I have a buddy who was a cop there and he tells me it has declined significantly.

And while we may complain about traffic on 410 and 1604, it's nothing compared to that area!
Plus, growing up in Florida, I know what real seafood is, and it's not something smothered in Old Bay!

So I completely understand why someone would move from there to here, plus I suspect the OP is military so they don't really have much choice in the matter...

Cheers! M2
Glen Burnout has always been scary lol.

I lived in FL too, it's primarily fish and stone claws which you need financing to help pay for, nothing compares to MD blue crabs from the Chesapeake Bay. I don't complain about the traffic here its the uninsured and unlicensed drivers to worry about. They also make the insurance rates insane here on the one's who do pay...

Old 05-11-2012, 11:03 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowBar View Post
We live in Redbird Ranch and it is a quiet nieghborhood. I don't find traffic on Potranco to be a problem as I am usually not driving east on Potranco during the peak traffic hours, and have no problems coming west on Potranco. I work at Ft Sam, and it is a breeze to go from home to work and vice versa. I use 211 and Highway 90 to and from work, and only have to drive on Potranco for about a mile. I do agree that as the area builds that traffic on Potranco will worsen, but it's not too hard to avoid Potranco, you might just have to go a few miles out of your way, but it will save time. There were some problems with kids vandalizing the pool area and tennis courts, but they have installed security cameras now. As of yet I have seen no tagging in the neighborhood, and hope I never do.
Whenever they complete the SH 211 leg between Potranco and Culebra, then you'll have an easier time heading to Culebra and Alamo Ranch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: