Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 02:44 PM

130 posts, read 253,439 times

Advertisements

http://www.sanantonio.gov/dtops/HYBR...LEPROGRAM5.pdf

Does anyone here take part in the San Antonio Hybrid Vehicle Program? I was wondering if and when they will extend the free parking to the City Garages (maybe they already do?)

Plus, has anyone had any problems with the program?

I heard that you can park on one street for 2 hours, and then go to the other for two hours, and that would be ok. Is it true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 03:31 PM

332 posts, read 529,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcool View Post

Does anyone here take part in the San Antonio Hybrid Vehicle Program? I was wondering if and when they will extend the free parking to the City Garages (maybe they already do?)

I heard that you can park on one street for 2 hours, and then go to the other for two hours, and that would be ok. Is it true?
diesel jettas get better gas mileage than a lot of hybrids. wish they'd give free parking for vehicles that actually get high mpg, not ones that say they do and then get 30-45% less than stated

im looking at you, honda and toyota.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:13 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
And the motorcycles.. My ZX-6R can get hybrid mileage and has the added benefit of actually looking good while it's at it...

Old 05-05-2012, 09:50 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,556,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcool View Post

I've been with it since soon after Mayor Hardberger started the program. You need to get a hang tag. Never any problems, but then I don't drive my car downtown that much. I used to use it a lot more when I worked for the city (I could get parking reimbursed, but that was a hassle trying to find a space), and occasionally if I need to park downtown. You have to follow the rules of the street parking - so if it's 2 hours only, you can't stay longer, but yes you could move to another space.

My hybrid gets anywhere from 45-50 mpg, depending on how much is city vs highway. But hybrids aren't just about the mpg, they are also about the emissions and overall build.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
And the motorcycles.. My ZX-6R can get hybrid mileage and has the added benefit of actually looking good while it's at it...
motorcycles, while getting getter gas mileage, do way more damage to the environment than cars do.

mythbusters did a bit on this:

'MythBusters' asks: Are motorcycles greener than cars? - latimes.com

while your bike may look good, its doing more damage to the environment than a semi would.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:54 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
Interesting article with some points I never thought of, but I'd still rather look hot on the super sport...

But at least it's quiet, until I get the tach in the green fun zone..

Old 05-06-2012, 02:31 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Saw this in a Mall parking lot in Corpus Christi...

Old 05-06-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Saw this in a Mall parking lot in Corpus Christi...

i don't believe those are enforceable at all, seeing as my gas powered car is on par with a few hybrids in regards to emissions.

just like stop signs in a parking lot, theres nothing they can do to enforce those.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:20 PM

993 posts, read 2,491,119 times
I like that low emission vehicle parking. Hell they paid a premium for the vehicle, they might as well get good parking.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk View Post
I like that low emission vehicle parking. Hell they paid a premium for the vehicle, they might as well get good parking.
discrimination?

furthermore, what constitutes a 'low emission vehicle' anyways? i pointed out that my car gets ratings that are comparable to hybrids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio