Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:21 AM

180 posts, read 794,266 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My DD is 3 and has been wanting her ears pierced for a while now. Can anyone recommend a good place to do it? I almost regret not getting it done when she was an infant but it is too late for that now.

TIA,
D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 03:49 PM

14 posts, read 59,405 times
Some pediatrician offices will do it. Mine were done at the mall when I was five and I wasn't too traumatized

Old 09-25-2007, 07:57 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,559,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by did0c View Post
Hello,

My DD is 3 and has been wanting her ears pierced for a while now. Can anyone recommend a good place to do it? I almost regret not getting it done when she was an infant but it is too late for that now.

TIA,
D.
I did my daughter's ears at Claire's at North Star. She as 18 months old. I tried Limited Too, but they only did age 5 and up.

By the way, we took two photos of our daughter in the same week. One getting her first haircut, one getting her ears pierced. Guess what? She had the same look on her face for both!! Cried for a moment, then was happy with a lollipop.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:22 PM

469 posts, read 2,342,891 times
We went to Claire's at La Cantera, my dd was 5 at the time. We took her on the way back from riding roller coasters at Sea World and she was still riding an adrenaline high. Worked great.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
I had mine done at the mall when I was little, and it turned out fine - I really don't have any memory of the actual piercing itself which I guess means it wasn't too traumatic. Provided they are clean I think a place like Clare's would be fine too. My main issue with Claire's is that they do it in public, on the sales floor, which I find personally a bit off-putting. But that's a personal thing!

I would check with your doctor, too. That would be an easy place to get it done.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
By the way, we took two photos of our daughter in the same week. One getting her first haircut, one getting her ears pierced. Guess what? She had the same look on her face for both!! Cried for a moment, then was happy with a lollipop.
Oh you made me crack up with that!

Thanks everyone, appreciate all replies. I have told her it will hurt for a minute, like when she gets a shot... so if she is reaaaaalllly sure we can do it... She says she wants to do it. And wear pretty earrings like Mama.

I used to work in a mall in a store across from a Piercing Pagoda years and years ago. They were great and we all became friends and privy to a little inside info- like I was told it is best to go during the mid afternoon because you are most likely to get a Mgr. vs an evening shift person who hasn't worked as long therefore doesn't have as much experience piercing. And if there were 2 people working, they'd often do the both ears simultaneously with each person doing an ear.

I had my ears pierced at age 10 by my Mom with ice cubes, boiled needle, and alcohol (the rubbing kind, people, the rubbing kind) and I can still remember the pain. With the ear piercing guns I am assuming it doesn't hurt as much, but if I could find a place that was especially great about the whole experience then I'd like to take her there. I am glad to see no one has posted about getting their holes crooked and to absolutely avoid a place.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:54 AM

781 posts, read 3,817,435 times
My daughter just turned 14 in July and she wanted to get the second hole done on her ears. We got them done at Claires at La Cantera and, as with the other poster, it was just fine. We just made sure that the salesperson took her time marking the spots and she had her back to the window so the people really could not see her face at all.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:55 AM

796 posts, read 3,050,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by did0c View Post
And if there were 2 people working, they'd often do the both ears simultaneously with each person doing an ear.
It does make a great difference. That is also what I do at the pediatric office during shots time.

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 09-26-2007 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: fiixed quote

Old 09-26-2007, 09:26 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,777,059 times
WOW.... this post will certainly give away a lot about my age... but that's okay, I'd gladly give away ALL my age if I could....

I had my ears pierced when I was 16 years old. Only a handful of people had them at the time. People my mother's age had long since stopped wearing earrings for pierced ears, having all HAPPILY jumped on the 'clip-on' bandwagon.

There were no kiosks doing this at the time (there were no kiosks at all; closed malls were JUST beginning to show up in places.). But pierced ears were beginning to gain popularity again, just EVER so slightly... the Beatles, Rolling Stones, the Mod look, all that was alive and popular at the time...

(as an aside, I got to see the Beatles LIVE at the Hollywood Bowl... from a third row seat..... the rows of course, came after the box seats, but with my binoculars, I could see the zippers on their boots... didn't check for those other zippers....)

so back to the ear piercing.... My mother's friend came to our house, she used a sewing needle that she ran over a cigarette lighter flame and some heavy cotton thread. She pierced the needle through my ear lobe into a cut potato which she placed behind my ear, and then she used the potato to yank the rest of the needle through my ear. I kept the cotton thread in my ears for a few weeks, frequently soaking the thread with alcohol and pulling the looped thread back and forth through my ears.....

My Gawd!!!! (and, I just seem hell bent lately on giving my age away too!!)

Old 09-26-2007, 09:32 AM

PopsGuysRule... I am one big HEEBIE JEEBIE over your potato story! Here I was thinking my ear piercing experience was bad. You win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio