Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 01:54 PM

13 posts, read 37,621 times

Advertisements

Hello all! Well, it is official. My family and I will be moving to San Antonio in July. We have lived all over but never in Texas ~ we are looking forward to it and have heard wonderful things about SA.

Work is transferring us here and with offices near the 410/281 interchange, we are looking on the north central/north east side of town for housing. With 4 kids, good school options are the biggest driving force. We currently homeschool but want to make sure we are in a good district for middle and high school.

We would love to find a home (5 BR/3 BA) in a good neighborhood with a swimming pool but also with decent lots (.25+ acres). Also, would love to find a neighborhood that is friendly with neighbors out and about, not afraid to visit with one another - borrow a cup of sugar, etc.

Any suggestions for those criteria? We will be visiting the area for a week before moving there and would love to know the good neighborhoods to visit.

Thanks~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 02:27 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,674,747 times
Welcome to San Antonio. This link has LOTS of San Antonio info/links and was provided by BstYet2Be (Moderator on City Data). Note, this link can be found at top of San Antonio CD page (Third sticky from top).

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...formation.html

Old 06-06-2012, 04:02 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,259,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ3568 View Post
Hello all! Well, it is official. My family and I will be moving to San Antonio in July. We have lived all over but never in Texas ~ we are looking forward to it and have heard wonderful things about SA.

Work is transferring us here and with offices near the 410/281 interchange, we are looking on the north central/north east side of town for housing. With 4 kids, good school options are the biggest driving force. We currently homeschool but want to make sure we are in a good district for middle and high school.

We would love to find a home (5 BR/3 BA) in a good neighborhood with a swimming pool but also with decent lots (.25+ acres). Also, would love to find a neighborhood that is friendly with neighbors out and about, not afraid to visit with one another - borrow a cup of sugar, etc.

Any suggestions for those criteria? We will be visiting the area for a week before moving there and would love to know the good neighborhoods to visit.

Thanks~

Whats your price range? Stone Oak is a decent area. If it were me I would not live any east of 281(unless you go north of Thousand Oaks)

Old 06-06-2012, 07:53 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,444,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Whats your price range? Stone Oak is a decent area. If it were me I would not live any east of 281(unless you go north of Thousand Oaks)
What a bizzare notion considering Alamo heights, Terrell hills, northwood, oak park, oakwell farms and marymont among others are south of thousand oaks and east of 281.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:18 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,259,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
What a bizzare notion considering Alamo heights, Terrell hills, northwood, oak park, oakwell farms and marymont among others are south of thousand oaks and east of 281.
When some one says north east, I think Broadway to 35, north to Judson, but thanks for playing.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:24 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,444,127 times
Northwood, oakpark, oakwell farms and Marymont all fall into that area, know what you're talking about please if you are going to play the game.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:16 PM

13 posts, read 37,621 times
We would like to stay under $350k ~ thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:56 PM

9,853 posts, read 13,711,985 times
The Stone Oak area would be an option, but it is unlikely that you'll find a lot larger than .0002 acres in the area. If you go a bit farther south between, say Blanco and Thousand Oaks, you might find a larger lot with a pool. I'm not sure how perfect the schools are in that area though.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:03 PM

271 posts, read 988,940 times
There are ~.25 acre lots in the SO.... a good agent and zillow are your friend....good luck with your search and welcome!

Old 08-28-2012, 04:28 PM

19 posts, read 53,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ3568 View Post

Thanks~
Hello,

I was wondering how you like SA so far. You said you were moving in July so wanted to know how it has turned out for you and your family. I also have a family of six and we are planning on moving to SA soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio