Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 PM

14 posts, read 101,263 times

Advertisements

My family is relocating in two weeks and are considering renting property managed by BIRDY PROPERTIES. When I go online, there are plenty of reviews, but the negative ones all say the same thing. The star ratings are high, but every single individual, positive review seems generic, suspiciously similar to one another and have generic user names (being in marketing in the past, it appears to be a tactic used by some companies to get high ratings online, by doing fake ones themselves). Has anyone rented a house using their management company and what you experiences were. We are in crunch due to my wife's company giving us a short window to move by. We have a house picked out and has submitted our applications, however after multiple attempts to contact them over the last two days, we have yet to speak to anyone, which was one of the complaints online. We are very pressed for time and in lieu of these concerns, really like the house they have listed. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you...
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 09:00 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,426,326 times
Have no personal experience with them at all. Moderator cut: send info by DM only

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-03-2012 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: No soliciting for any type RE properties, yours or others permitted

Old 10-02-2012, 09:20 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,587 times
I rented a house from them about 6 years ago. It was a brand new house that I rented for just a year while I was getting ready to have mine built. I had no issues with them. You can mail them the rent, or drop it by their house (they worked out of their residence back then.....not sure if they do now). I never needed to call them for any problems, so I dont know how long they take if you need something fixed. When I moved the out, the move out inspection only took about 5 min (probably because the house was new, and I wasnt there a lot because of work). I received my full deposit back within a few days.

So I would say my experience was good, but I pretty much never had to deal with them in anything other than mailing them the monthly rent.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:05 AM

170 posts, read 291,246 times
In general, I would take all online reviews of apartments and management companies with a grain of salt. Most negative reviews are from vindictive tenants who are mad about losing their security deposit or something, or they're written by competitors. Otherwise, you're going to end up believing that every apartment is filled with roaches and crack dealers and every management company is filled with lazy crooks.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:43 PM

545 posts, read 1,061,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badalchemist View Post
Otherwise, you're going to end up believing that every apartment is filled with roaches and crack dealers and every management company is filled with lazy crooks.
This is actually true.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:01 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,574 times
22 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 5 closed in last 12 months

Complaint ****** Type*********Total Closed Complaints
Advertising / Sales Issues*************2
Billing / Collection Issues**************6
Problems with Product / Service********14
Delivery Issues0Guarantee / Warranty Issues0
Total Closed Complaints22

Licensing

This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

These agencies may include:
Texas Real Estate Commission
PO Box 12188
Austin, TX78711-2188
(800) 250-8732
http://www.trec.state.tx.us

Type of Entity

Limited Liability Corporation
Contact Information

Principal: Mr. Brian Birdy (Broker/Owner

Old 10-04-2012, 07:31 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,624 times
If you're having this much trouble getting them to contact you about taking your money I would wonder how hard it would be to contact them when you need them to spend money to fix something.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:13 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,034 times
Have you had any luck with them yet? I work for a different residential property management company and can tell you that Birdy does have an excellent reputation within the community. They are THE largest PM company in San Antonio, so that may explain their delay in getting back to you quickly.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 PM

4,270 posts, read 8,171,277 times
I was dealing with them recently.... The owner actually said to me on the phone that he had "recorded our conversations" previously and then hung up on me... shows you their style I think!

Old 04-23-2013, 10:38 PM

104 posts, read 216,769 times
When I moved to SA I rented thru them, while we built. Rent and inspections were easy. The maintenance was awful! No response, took days to get something fixed. Lawn care was horrible and they tried to fine me for the very issue that I complained about the entire lease!
Had to get the owner involved who backed me up!

Just one opinion....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio