Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 06:40 PM

8,399 posts, read 23,010,747 times

Advertisements

Kudos to the off-duty Bexar County Sheriff's Sgt. Lisa Castellano who intervened and stopped this maniac from killing innocent civilians!

Quote:
Man Attempts to Open Fire on Crowd at Movie Theater, Armed Off-Duty Sheriff’s Deputy Drops Him With One Bullet

With one shot, an off-duty sheriff’s deputy took down a gunman who attempted to opened fire at a crowded movie theater lobby during a late night showing of “The Hobbit” in San Antonio, WOAI reports.

Police say a gunman, identified as Jesus Manuel Garcia, chased patrons from the nearby China Garden Restaurant into the lobby of the Santikos Mayan 14 movie theater at around 9 p.m. on Sunday. Garcia, an employee of the restaurant, reportedly walked in the establishment looking for a woman.

Due to the off-duty deputy’s bravery, the gunman was not able to make it into the theater where he could have potentially taken many lives. (Full story at link)
Cheers! M2

Old 12-18-2012, 10:08 PM

147 posts, read 355,143 times
Promote her to Lt.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:57 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,397,217 times
Default Wow!!!!!!!!!! Heroism and spot on efficiency !

What a superb job of saving lives. Surprised this hasn't reached the mass media and not just the local. Maybe it is better that way because perhaps there is some validity to the copycat crime issue. Let it be less noticed, may be the better way to do this instead of broadcasting it all over the country.
What is happening Here? People did not used to act out publicly in this manner.
A very sound reaction by the officer, some are still alive I am sure, due to her actions.The Thin Blue Line has held again! My congratulations and gratitude to all of law enforcement in S.A. and everywhere especially to Officer Castellano and the Sheriffs Dept. of S.A.
Moderator cut: Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Kudos to the off-duty Bexar County Sheriff's Sgt. Lisa Castellano who intervened and stopped this maniac from killing innocent civilians!

Cheers! M2

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-19-2012 at 12:51 PM..

Old 12-19-2012, 09:25 AM

948 posts, read 1,844,083 times
The reports I saw and read say that he had plenty of chances to shoot other people but didn't and was after someone in particular. He ran past other people chasing one guy so I'm not so sure this is random and/or that he would have shot/killed other people. I heard that he didnt point the gun at the officer either. Not to diminish what the officer did in any way. What she did was extremely brave and heroic of her. She saved at least one life.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:03 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,272,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
What a superb job of saving lives. Surprised this hasn't reached the mass media and not just the local.

Because its not sensational, and isn't going to further any ones agenda. Thats why national news isnt picking up on it. Imagine if every time a criminal got shot it made national news.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:24 AM

8,399 posts, read 23,010,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
The reports I saw and read say that he had plenty of chances to shoot other people but didn't and was after someone in particular. He ran past other people chasing one guy so I'm not so sure this is random and/or that he would have shot/killed other people. I heard that he didnt point the gun at the officer either. Not to diminish what the officer did in any way. What she did was extremely brave and heroic of her. She saved at least one life.
Umm, one person was shot, so I don't think they'd agree with your belief that he wasn't shooting at people. Plus, the "suspect" shot at a marked SAPD patrol car, a capital offense in Texas. No matter what his intentions, the use of a firearm constitutes lethal force even if he was shooting it up into the air.

If anything, he is lucky to be alive; but I am sure he won't feel that way once he is convicted of attempted capital murder of a peace officer and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon!

Cheers! M2

Old 12-19-2012, 10:28 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,793,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughMcs View Post
Promote her to Lt.
I second this. What she did probably saved a lot of lives.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:59 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,272,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Umm, one person was shot, so I don't think they'd agree with your belief that he wasn't shooting at people. Plus, the "suspect" shot at a marked SAPD patrol car, a capital offense in Texas. No matter what his intentions, the use of a firearm constitutes lethal force even if he was shooting it up into the air.

If anything, he is lucky to be alive; but I am sure he won't feel that way once he is convicted of attempted capital murder of a peace officer and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon!

Cheers! M2
From what it sounds like. He was going after one person or one group, it fonts seem like he wanted to go on a mass shooting of random people. I would wager he knew the people he was trying to shoot

Old 12-19-2012, 10:59 AM

948 posts, read 1,844,083 times
It's not my belief, it's what I saw that was reported to have happened. If I'm wrong it's because the report was wrong. Relax

Old 12-19-2012, 11:30 AM

4,440 posts, read 5,359,018 times
Quote:
According to sheriff's officials, Garcia opened fire inside the China Garden restaurant, where he was employed.
Sheriff's officials said Garcia continued to fire shots in the parking lot and fired at a San Antonio police officer in a marked patrol car who had responded to the shooting.
The officer was not hit, but another person in the parking lot was, and was taken to a hospital, where the victim was treated and released.
Sounds like he was shooting at someone and at random.

Man charged in shooting at San Antonio movie theater | News - Home

Quote:
Garcia ran into the movie theater, but was followed by an off-duty Bexar County Sheriff's deputy who shot him four times, officials said.
The department said the deputy was working security at the theater and credited her with stopping the gunman, and said more people could have been hurt or killed had she not acted.
Oh and fyi it was picked up on Drudge and stayed on the site for two days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: