Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 03:27 PM

293 posts, read 392,055 times

Advertisements

I feel both after what happened today. I enjoy going out to steakhouses and having a great steak and also cooking them at home. I like Ruth's Chris and Bohanans, but there is something I like about Longhorns. We will usually split the outlaw ribeye and its very good there. It is also my grandmas favorite place and when she came into town, I treated her to an all out meal there and spent over 120. We were basically ignored by our server the whole time and it was just not a great experience. So we did fill out the comment card and we got an email asking for my address and such so they can make it up with a gift card.
Well I was cleaning out my emails today and realized they have never mailed anything out, so I emailed the manager and asked her if it was, that I never got it. She proceeded to call me and state she remembers the email but she lost my address. I asked her if too much time had passed and she said no, so I gave her my address to mail it to us. I ran to HEB and when I got back, she or another employee actually came to my house to hand deliver a letter and giftcards. I am thankful for them as it was a very bad experience but I was expecting them to be mailed and when I first saw the letter on my door, I was shocked that somebody actually googled my address and proceeded to show up at my physical house. I am just interested in knowing if anybody else would feel a little uneasy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 03:37 PM

447 posts, read 1,044,642 times
Sounds like they made an extra effort to right a wrong.

Don't know that its a great idea security wise either for you or the employee, but in the grand scheme of things I would not sweat it.

They are gainfully employed people, not street thugs.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:39 PM

702 posts, read 726,949 times
They probably wanted to apologize in person. I mean, it is a bit above and beyond but I would consider that a good thing.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:40 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
I think it should be fine. The mangers make more than you think so I can't imagine that they would do anything sketchy to mess that up.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:42 PM

74 posts, read 175,228 times
Uneasy? No. Anyone can look up your address on the internet and show up on your door. Sounds to me like they wanted to make a bad situation right and took immediate action.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:24 PM

188 posts, read 447,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bianca324 View Post
...so I gave her my address to mail it to us
...I was shocked that somebody actually googled my address
You wrote that you gave them your address. Was it your mailing address and not your physical address? It sounds to me that they were trying to do the right thing, going above and beyond to satisfy a customer, but they should have informed you that they were going to hand deliver it to you.
I wouldn't sweat it. It's nice to see they at least made an effort to make things right.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:41 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
I actually applaud them for making things right. Nothing to be paranoid about.

I am more concerned about the idiots who constantly ring my doorbell despite my 'No Soliciting' sign!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:50 AM

19 posts, read 32,817 times
A heads-up that they were hand delivering would have been optimal, but I consider this very much a net win for customer service, all things considered.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:39 AM

268 posts, read 594,040 times
Nope. I go to Longhorn frequently as I live nearby. They are always open to listening how their food was. In fact, many times, the manager will walk around and ask without being called. They've offered a couple of times to change something out. I would not worry about them coming and hand delivering to your home and not at all surprised they did that.

Heck, there are many solicitors that come to your home not bearing gifts that are really annoying. lol

Old 08-22-2013, 10:55 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
we're all so paranoid these days. It's really a shame. I find myself questioning certain situations too, but with this, I think they were great to do that. I agree with others, gainfully employed people, not solicitors, etc. I'd be pretty impressed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio