Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2013, 07:44 PM

4 posts, read 4,611 times

Advertisements

Sorry for another relocation thread but I'm a married, Mid- 30's guy who's moving my family to San Antonio for work. My office is located on the North side of the city near 1604 and Stone Creek Pkwy. I have 3 small kids, the oldest will be starting 1st grade.

Just curious what folks think are the better neighborhoods to choose here in 2013. We are looking to buy and our budget is about $650k. We'd like to be in a neighborhood that has some amenities, social events, and is tied to great schools. I've looked at a few areas in Bulvedere, Boehrne, and North San Antonio. I've seen Fair Oaks Ranch and Dominion but I'm not sure.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 08:07 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,559,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdarmy81 View Post
Sorry for another relocation thread but I'm a married, Mid- 30's guy who's moving my family to San Antonio for work. My office is located on the North side of the city near 1604 and Stone Creek Pkwy. I have 3 small kids, the oldest will be starting 1st grade.

Just curious what folks think are the better neighborhoods to choose here in 2013. We are looking to buy and our budget is about $650k. We'd like to be in a neighborhood that has some amenities, social events, and is tied to great schools. I've looked at a few areas in Bulvedere, Boehrne, and North San Antonio. I've seen Fair Oaks Ranch and Dominion but I'm not sure.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Do you, by chance, mean Stone OAK Parkway?

Old 11-30-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Do you, by chance, mean Stone OAK Parkway?
Yes, Sorry...I meant Stone Oak PKWY.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:50 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,683,229 times
those are all great areas. Stone Oak area, will be the closest to your work, of course. It also depends on your price range, the highest $$$ is the Dominion, many of the Spurs live there.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:52 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,683,229 times
Boerne, is nice. A little far north from SA, but a cute little town. Bulverde is a bit closer, a little more rural.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:13 AM

500 posts, read 970,011 times
You might want to look at River Crossing in the Bulverde area since you're already looking in surrounding areas. They have a pretty good CC, and homes/club aren't quite the massive investment Dominion requires.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:23 AM

Thanks everyone!

Old 12-01-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdarmy81 View Post
Thanks everyone!
What about Iron Horse and Helotes area?

Old 12-01-2013, 02:51 PM

15 posts, read 28,344 times
I would highly recommend the stone oak area since you are working there. Traffic can get pretty bad on stone oak pkwy, so living there is very beneficial. The schools are amazing out here and there are quite a few neighborhoods with what you are looking for. Check out greystone, sonterra, and champion's ridge. A little further from stone oak, but still in the same area and school district (NEISD) is cavalo creek, Evans ranch, fossil creek, and cibolo canyons. The cavalo creek and Evans ranch atten roan forest elementary, which was named #1 elementary in the city last year. If you want to see neighborhood descriptions of these, check out San Antonio TX Homes and Real Estate - Keller Williams Heritage. It's a great resource for homes for sale and neighborhood data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio