Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 05:24 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times

Advertisements

As a gay man, I am offended that a poster would assume I am like the people shown in the pictures. I find such display of behavior shown in the pictures repulsive (gay or straight) but it is within their rights to do so.

I feel sad when people are so close minded like that. I have a sister in law who will allow me to visit during holidays but won't allow my partner to come. She doesn't want her children asking questions so I just stopped going.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:25 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,440,762 times
First of all you are not even posting pictures of San Antonio. If you want to talk about morality start by being truthful. Second these parades aren't a celebration of sexual choices, they are a reaction in the face of subjugation by heternormative society. Being a bigot is telling people to keep it in the bedroom when heterosexuals are free to display the same type
of behavior. Your arguments are as stale as they were 50 years ago when they were being used against African Americans

Old 07-06-2014, 05:30 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
As a gay man, I am offended that a poster would assume I am like the people shown in the pictures. I find such display of behavior shown in the pictures repulsive (gay or straight) but it is within their rights to do so.

I feel sad when people are so close minded like that. I have a sister in law who will allow me to visit during holidays but won't allow my partner to come. She doesn't want her children asking questions so I just stopped going.
I'm not closed-minded. I've been right in the heart of the gay movement, I was so throughout my 20s. I would never not allow my gay family or friends to visit. I love my gay friends--the ones I have left, that is, now that I'm a wife and a mom and a church-going Christian. Only a couple still keep in touch with me. That's life.

THAT SAID...

I also have an obligation to my own Christian values and moral code. That comes first. I'm certainly not going to encourage this kind of behavior shown at gay pride parades and elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
First of all you are not even posting pictures of San Antonio. If you want to talk about morality start by being truthful. Second these parades aren't a celebration of sexual choices, they are a reaction in the face of subjugation by heternormative society. Being a bigot is telling people to keep it in the bedroom when heterosexuals are free to display the same type
of behavior. Your arguments are as stale as they were 50 years ago when they were being used against African Americans
Truthful? Where in my post did I say any of that came from Texas? I didn't at all. But if you've been to one gay pride parade, honey...I mean come on. They're all alike. Please.

Yeah, smuboy. Let's start being truthful.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:34 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,440,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I'm not closed-minded. I've been right in the heart of the gay movement, I was so throughout my 20s. I would never not allow my gay family or friends to visit. I love my gay friends--the ones I have left, that is, now that I'm a wife and a mom and a church-going Christian. Only a couple still keep in touch with me. That's life.

THAT SAID...

I also have an obligation to my own Christian values and moral code. That comes first. I'm certainly not going to encourage this kind of behavior shown at gay pride parades and elsewhere.

Truthful? Where in my post did I say any of that came from Texas? I didn't at all. But if you've been to one gay pride parade, honey...I mean come on. They're all alike. Please.

Yeah, smuboy. Let's start being truthful.

You love your gay friends so much that you find them morally bankrupt? You posted pictures of a NY parade in the San Antonio forum, in a thread devoted to San Antonio pride celebration, with no comment on where they came from, that's borderline deceitful.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:35 PM

4 posts, read 5,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llep View Post
You only have 1 post and your profile doesn't indicate an age but your pics make you look like a young man. I am very happy you can be a young man in the world at this time. The last 10 years have seen this issue evolve at warp speed in the national debate. We owe a lot to our brothers and sisters that came before us and said it loud and said it proud. Thanks for wearing the shirt. That is your candle to making the world a brighter place.
I'm an LGBT activist and I'm younger than most of the activists I see nowadays. However, no matter our ages, we have to keep fighting the good fight.

I will continue to wear the shirt.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:41 PM

344 posts, read 416,878 times
I salute you and respect you and will continue the fight in my small way. Thank you for your activism and your passion. This is how the world becomes better and safer.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:42 PM

330 posts, read 587,682 times
So, Mom2Feebs, you're just gonna crash every Pride thread year after year? If it offends you so much, you know, don't click the link. Your axe grinding is not welcome.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:47 PM

4 posts, read 5,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Nothing like a Gay Pride Parade to celebrate the moral decay of America! Hip, hip, hooray!

Be gay, whatever. It's your life. But don't expect me to explain these kind of antics as normal to my children, or as any type of "Civil Rights" movement, because that's a joke. Be my gay neighbor and mow your lawn and be a nice, morally upstanding guy/girl, and I'll be happy to tell my kid you're the nice neighbor next door. Just like all my other neighbors. What you do in your bedroom is your business. Don't try to get it in mine, thanks.
I'm actually not in the least bit surprised that you "intentionally" found outlandish pictures in order to attempt to paint the LGBT community in a bad light. It's all the opposition has going for them anyway.

For the record, I won't judge the heterosexual community. I don't believe in judging anyone, but for the sake of this discussion, it's only fair to point out that the "moral decay of America," is being contributed in "large part" directly from the heterosexual community.

For example:

In the United States: heterosexuals have a 50% divorce rate (I thought marriage was "sacred"?), heterosexual women commit abortion at a rate of 1 out of 3, millions of heterosexuals defy God's "Ten Commandment" to not "commit adultery," 1 out of 5 women are raped/sexually assaulted by heterosexual men in their life, millions of heterosexuals have multiple marriages (even though they took a vow in front of God 'until death do us part' ...that is, not 1st married, 2nd married, 3rd married, etc.), they marry for wealth/opportunity and for other un-Christian reasons, 50% of heterosexual teens have engaged in oral sex by the age 18, and 97% of Americans do not wait until they get married before having sex (premarital sex is against many religions), and 40% of kids are born "out of wedlock" to unmarried heterosexual parents (Note: sources for these statistics are listed at the bottom of this post).

Because of the aforementioned, I trust that you will also tell your heterosexual community that you don't expect yourself to "explain these kind of antics as normal to my children."

I did agree with one point you brought up: "What you do in your bedroom is your business."

Amen to this! Now if only "some" people would stop dictating to me who I can and cannot marry. Obviously, they want to get so involved in my sex and love life and they feel the need to tell me, a taxpaying American citizen, who I can and cannot marry.

Thank you for pointing this out because I trust you will let them know that they need to mind their own business and let people marry who they want without others dictating to them how they should lead their life or who they can and cannot marry.

You also said: "Don't try to get it in mine (business)." Believe me, I have no interest in telling you who you can and cannot marry and how to lead your life. As I'm sure you're aware, you're a grown adult, a taxpaying American citizen, and no person should tell you how to lead you life no matter your sexual orientation.

At least we agree on that point!

Sources:
Rape:
http://nyti.ms/IK8VBj
Divorce:
Marriage and Divorce
Wedlock:
More than 40 percent of all children in U.S. now born out of wedlock - U.s. - News - Catholic Online
Abortion:
Abortions In America
Premarital Sex:
Study: Half of All Teens Have Had Oral Sex (and) 4 Cool Statistics About Abstinence in the USA | WaitingTillMarriage.org

Last edited by eugeneramirezjr; 07-06-2014 at 07:07 PM..

Old 07-06-2014, 05:52 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,348,331 times
I was at the parade and and we had a good time but I'm also one to not enjoy the people running around in underwear at a public event.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
I'm also one to not enjoy the people running around in underwear at a public event.
What were the highlights of the event from your standpoint? Seems like we've heard a lot about what people don't like about these events. Maybe it'd be helpful to hear more about why the event is good?

The news story I saw last night on KENS 5 had two shots of video. The newspaper said Leticia Van de Putte attended and interviewed a couple of attendees, but had no photos. I doubt she'd attend something that she didn't find to be positive, but the media doesn't seem to be interested in explaining it very well. Can we do better than that here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio