Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 12:02 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
San Antonio Police Chief William McManus is stepping down from the department to take a position at CPS Energy as senior director of security.

McManus, 62, has served as the head of the San Antonio Police Department since 2006. He will continue as Chief until December.

(full story)
He has been chief for eight and a half years, double the average in the US. While overall I have pretty much agreed with his performance, I also think it is a position that needs "new blood" every five years or so...

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 01:25 PM

28 posts, read 52,951 times
I like Chief McManus....congrats to him and good-luck with his new job!

Old 07-17-2014, 02:15 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
I'm not surprised, just looking at him on the news recently he's looked like he was getting burned out. I wish him luck in his new job!

Old 07-17-2014, 04:07 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,514 times
He will be making over 200,000 with less stress I am sure. Have some cop buddies who say he was pretty cool to work with/for. Vaya con Dios I suppose.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:44 PM

838 posts, read 1,211,015 times
How rare is it that the majority of people have positive things to say about someone as they leave a civic post? Not only that but you RARELY see someone with such a stressful, high profile public position leave on his own terms. Good for him and good for San Antonio. He was a good hire.

I feel the same way about Sculley but I know I am probably in the minority there.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
He did a good job in a tough job. Some people gripe about how much the City Manager is paid, but she is directly responsible for bringing Chief McManus to SA.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:12 PM

4,329 posts, read 7,235,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderose View Post
It doesn't matter who the of police is, or who the city manager is, senior citizens are ignored in San Antonio. I need help and no one will help. SAPD wouldn't even file a report. Fraud is a crime in other places but NOT here. Not when an old lady is the victim.
What did the police tell you called them? Why did they tell you they tell you they wouldn't file a report?

The only scenario I can imagine where they wouldn't take a report, is if it is a civil matter, in which case, you would probably have to contact an attorney, and discuss what action can be taken.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:04 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderose View Post
It doesn't matter who the of police is, or who the city manager is, senior citizens are ignored in San Antonio. I need help and no one will help. SAPD wouldn't even file a report. Fraud is a crime in other places but NOT here. Not when an old lady is the victim.
I am skeptical as well..first post (and technically a customer complaint) and an allegation that needs to be backed-up with more facts instead of unfounded accusations.

I can tell you from firsthand experience that the SAPD will investigate criminal matters reported to them, and that includes fraud. Police information reports can even be filed on line for the following crimes: burglary of a coin operated machine, criminal mischief / property damage, graffiti, generic information, lost property, obscene / harassing or threatening phone calls, theft of gasoline / theft of service, threats – unless in imminent danger, burglary of a vehicle, credit / debit card abuse and or identity theft.

File Electronic Report

If you have any more questions, I would recommend calling the SAPD White Collar Crimes Division at (210) 207-4481.

However, as ged_782 stated, if this is a civil matter (non-criminal, otherwise known as common law), than that would require you contacting an attorney directly.

If you contacted the SAPD about a civil matter, that is what they would advise you to do. Perhaps this is why you are confused as to why they wouldn't investigate something beyond the scope of their responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio