Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 01:12 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,679,753 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend some nice venues for a dozen or so friends (married couples, 40s and older) on the north side of SA? Maybe a restaurant or lounge that has background music (music soft enough to still allow for conversation), or are there any wineries that have music outdoors on a regular basis? Trivia nights, comedy clubs, or any venue that would be fun and allow for some mingling and conversation? Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 06:47 PM

905 posts, read 1,631,697 times
Tycoon Flats. St. Mary's St. Nice music, nice food.
Same with Cove, basically same atmosphere although band plays inside and same crowd of people. Beer selection is bigger at the Cove although Tycoon Flats has more local brews and I prefer Tycoon Flats.
Tonight would be a good night for Tycoon Flats.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorgie View Post
Tycoon Flats. St. Mary's St. Nice music, nice food.
Same with Cove, basically same atmosphere although band plays inside and same crowd of people. Beer selection is bigger at the Cove although Tycoon Flats has more local brews and I prefer Tycoon Flats.
Tonight would be a good night for Tycoon Flats.

Oops! Forgot link
Tycoon Flats - The Best Family Friendly Restaurant, Bar and Beer Garden in San Antonio Texas.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:16 AM

Thanks for this recommendation! I hadn't heard of this one before. The events calendar on their website is empty. Do you happen to know which nights they have live music?

Old 07-19-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Thanks for this recommendation! I hadn't heard of this one before. The events calendar on their website is empty. Do you happen to know which nights they have live music?
On weekends they have live music, Friday and Saturday. I don't know exactly what time bands start playing. It's a fun place, nice crowd and in fact, I think we may go tonight.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:28 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Any particular area in Northside of SA or also open to other areas of the city?

Old 07-19-2014, 11:41 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,970,576 times
Copa maybe.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:18 PM

30 posts, read 160,402 times
Friend of mine Wayne Wilson plays in a 2 piece group around town and not that loud but has been playing for almost 40 years and caters to your age group and younger " CCR, Eagles, Chuck Berry, Oldies rock, even does Stairway to Heaven and alot of newer stuff and they take requests. Playing this Saturday night at Sir Winstons at Nacogdoches and Wagonwheel where the old Sun Harvest used to be. He plays all over town and we are in our 50's +++ and love his music and we are taking a big group to hear him tonight.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:16 PM

584 posts, read 1,193,179 times
My friends and I (also 40s and couples) are on the far northside. Places we frequent (normally happy hour) is Copa Wine Bar, Drew's, Wildfish, Whole Foods, new HEB on Hardy Oak/Wilderness - Oaks Crossing, MiCasa Tamales, Piatti's - Elian, Fralos Pizza ...

Oak Crossing @ HEB has music starting at 7 pm on Friday and Saturday nights
Whole Foods (Blanco) has music outside at times check their website
MiCasa Tamales has music check their website
Frazlos Pizza has music check their website

Oh Stonewerks at Blanco also has music on weekends and I think it starts around 8 pm also. MishMash is a great fun band if you enjoy dancing.

I wish I could recommend something that has more of a sit back and relax jazzy music. That would be awesome. My group is an early evening since a lot of us are up super early even on weekends for running and/or biking.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshotel View Post
Friend of mine Wayne Wilson plays in a 2 piece group around town and not that loud but has been playing for almost 40 years and caters to your age group and younger " CCR, Eagles, Chuck Berry, Oldies rock, even does Stairway to Heaven and alot of newer stuff and they take requests. Playing this Saturday night at Sir Winstons at Nacogdoches and Wagonwheel where the old Sun Harvest used to be. He plays all over town and we are in our 50's +++ and love his music and we are taking a big group to hear him tonight.
This sounds great. Maybe we'll check it out tonight. Is Sir Winston's very smoky?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio