Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 10:01 AM

268 posts, read 594,040 times

Advertisements

Here again for your input.

Need new service for home north of the airport for termite and pest.

I've got Terminex, Orkin and Early Bird coming out for bids.

What's your experience with these or other companies you may use?

Suggestions and companies and how much do they cost would be appreciated.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 12:39 PM

201 posts, read 279,867 times
I've used HomeTeam (previously known as Early Bird) for 7 years and I've been thoroughly satisfied with my regular pest and termite treatment and warranty. They even let me slide when I delayed renewing my termite warranty for over 3 months. I particularly use Roland -he's very knowledgeable, professional, and friendly.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:00 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,429,021 times
I use Stout Pest Control for myself and all my clients. Have for 10 years. Very professional, thorough, stand behind their work, etc.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:43 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
We use Romney, our neighborhood has the tubes seviced by Home Team, but we do not use them. I found Home Team to be very expensive, and took a call to the BBB to get them to leave us alone.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:08 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,925,997 times
My sisters married family is in the termite treatment business and I had a WDI license at one time. You need to be aware that unless you have termites, the pest control company, by Texas Law, cannot just treat a house anyway. The chemicals used are considered a ground pollutant and cannot be used unless actual ACTIVE termites are found. A few companies put "traps" in the ground and come by to inspect occassionally. But unless you know or suspect that you have them, this is wasted money. Any time a termite comany comes out and treats for active termites, they are required to extend to you a renewal. That money buys you a reinspection, that's all. If they did the job right to begin with, you won't have any. If they didn't they're required to treat only where the termites are found or a spot treatment. At one time a company could do a partial treatment like around the perimeter of the structure but they no longer allow it. A full treatment means that they put chemical at the perimeter and at any penetrations. The penetrations are where pipes like plumbing pipes or electrical conduits come thru the slabs. Any adjoining slabs where the expansion joint is located is also treated. That would be typical of a patio. Sometimes this requires drilling the patio to inject chemicals. A house on posts or piers requires each post and pier to dug out to pond chemical around the post or pier. The idea here is so you have a clue what is going to happen. The chemicals cost about $125.00 a gallon in concentrate and usually makes about 100 gallons of finish chemical. That's enough to treat an 1800 sq ft house on slab. Usually the guys will use a different chemical like Timbore at the penetrations. A 1.5lb bag is enough for most houses and costs about 10 bucks. So on most houses, the cost of chemicals is going to be less than $150.00. I'm telling you this so you are aware that termite treatment is a major revenue generator. Treatments in excess of $1000.00 are common yet chemicals costs do not justify the high price. Frankly, I consider it a scam. If you have a clue, you can treat your own house. The chemicals can be found at most feed stores. The big box stores will not have them. You can do it for about the cost of chemical and the instructions on how to apply are with the chemical- it's not rocket science, I can assure you.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:36 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
My sisters married family is in the termite treatment business and I had a WDI license at one time. You need to be aware that unless you have termites, the pest control company, by Texas Law, cannot just treat a house anyway. The chemicals used are considered a ground pollutant and cannot be used unless actual ACTIVE termites are found. A few companies put "traps" in the ground and come by to inspect occassionally. But unless you know or suspect that you have them, this is wasted money. Any time a termite comany comes out and treats for active termites, they are required to extend to you a renewal. That money buys you a reinspection, that's all. If they did the job right to begin with, you won't have any. If they didn't they're required to treat only where the termites are found or a spot treatment. At one time a company could do a partial treatment like around the perimeter of the structure but they no longer allow it. A full treatment means that they put chemical at the perimeter and at any penetrations. The penetrations are where pipes like plumbing pipes or electrical conduits come thru the slabs. Any adjoining slabs where the expansion joint is located is also treated. That would be typical of a patio. Sometimes this requires drilling the patio to inject chemicals. A house on posts or piers requires each post and pier to dug out to pond chemical around the post or pier. The idea here is so you have a clue what is going to happen. The chemicals cost about $125.00 a gallon in concentrate and usually makes about 100 gallons of finish chemical. That's enough to treat an 1800 sq ft house on slab. Usually the guys will use a different chemical like Timbore at the penetrations. A 1.5lb bag is enough for most houses and costs about 10 bucks. So on most houses, the cost of chemicals is going to be less than $150.00. I'm telling you this so you are aware that termite treatment is a major revenue generator. Treatments in excess of $1000.00 are common yet chemicals costs do not justify the high price. Frankly, I consider it a scam. If you have a clue, you can treat your own house. The chemicals can be found at most feed stores. The big box stores will not have them. You can do it for about the cost of chemical and the instructions on how to apply are with the chemical- it's not rocket science, I can assure you.
Thanks!

Old 07-24-2014, 04:39 PM

48 posts, read 62,522 times
I use Trutech, and they do an amazing job. I would highly recommend Josh Massey (he's our exterminator).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: