Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2014, 07:58 PM

311 posts, read 846,308 times

Advertisements

Have had cluster migraines since June. Finally got a referral to see a neurologist & calledntyo set upn an appointment today. Come to find out they only see people with epilepsy!! Uggh! Mdo any of you tricare prime folks know of a neuro who treats migraines? Preferably on the NW side but I will drive if need be. Thanks in advance for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 09:55 PM

336 posts, read 484,208 times
With advances in migraine treatment, there's really no use for a nuero, unless you think there's something more at play.

Botox, imutrex, fiorecet, fiorinal, caffergot, relpax... They all offer relief. I've dealt with migraines since I was 9 years old. The only thing a nuero ever told me that my GP didn't was that it wasn't brain cancer and that I should start trying out different drugs to see what I responded best to.

I will say that Botox injections in the scalp paired with caffergot completely stop mine from happening. I've been migraine free for nearly two years now.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:08 PM

311 posts, read 846,308 times
Awesome that yours are under control I have had them off and on for 15 years too. The difference now is that triptans are not working at all. Fioricet puts a small dent in them but the come back fairly fast. I've basically had clusters for up to 9 days straight (even with the ER cocktail of toradol phenegrin and Benadryl) multiple times since late June. I'll get one maybe two functional days and then I'm down again freakin' miserable summer. The PA has tried all they can think of and I do have a history of CVA. apparently my mri's gave the dr reason to want me seen by a neuro too so I'm guessing it's a bit beyond regular migraines. I asked them to try the Botox but they don't do that in the primary care office so....back to trying to find a neuro who handles migraines & accepts Tricare prime. Any suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio