Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 11:30 AM

8 posts, read 13,428 times

Advertisements

So our lease is up in a couple of months (thank the Lord) and i'm looking for somewhere bigger having lived in Idaho for the past 5 years I grew accustomed to townhomes with garages. Nothing super luxurious, pretty standard. I would rather share side walls than constantly hear people stomping around above me. I haven't been able to find anything near me. Are these not as big here as they were in Idaho? Granted we've only been here a short time and are still learning the city but I haven't seen any! Where are the townhomes? I've been looking northside and westside. Any insight or help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 11:38 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,441,550 times
Quite a few townhomes in the 78209 area.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:57 AM

584 posts, read 1,193,179 times
Townhomes/row homes are definitely not the norm it seems. I am from the MD/DC/VA area where most communities have single family homes and a section where townhomes are also built. Most of my friends in those areas live in townhomes because single family homes are so expensive.

I don't know of any on the far northside at all.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:10 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,250,516 times
There are 24 Townhouses listed on Zillow at the moment. Might be a good place to start

Townhomes For Rent in San Antonio TX - 24 Rentals | Zillow

Old 03-19-2015, 04:43 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,970,576 times
There are new townhomes being built around the urban core, but those are more on the luxury side. Might want to look around the Medical Center.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:24 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
There are a couple streets of townhomes behind Coker Elementary, near Heimer and Bitters, and some others further down Bitters, closer to McAllister park, on the north side. There are some also on a street called Bristow Dawn that are a little more northeast side, near the Northern Hills golf course.

There are some in the Heritage neighborhood, near the Ellison pool, but those are really not in very nice shape.

There are also some new duplexes on the NW side, off Crystal Run...I bought a desk from a guy who lived there and it looked like a decent place to live.

Some apartment complexes have them too...I lived in one at Northgate Village and it was nice as far as noise, but the only bathroom was upstairs which was less than ideal. AC bills were pretty high, and there were no garages.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:16 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
They're out there - just no real popular here. A Realtor might have more luck finding them for you, since they know where to look.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:02 AM

163 posts, read 199,214 times
It used to be a pretty firm "no" down here. However, over the last 10 years they've been building numerous townhome communities throughout the city of San Antonio. Medical Center, Leon Valley area, 1604 & 90, over by Ingram Park Mall etc. They are becoming more popular down here, as are zero or close to zero lot line housing communities (though far less numerous than townhome communities). Also, we have many luxury apartment complexes built in a "townhome" style manner (you will have neighbors above and below) like where I live. My apt. is on the 3rd floor and garage on the 1st.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:19 AM

790 posts, read 1,881,391 times
Try the Quarry Townhomes. Might be a bit pricey.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:50 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,478,778 times
I lived in townhomes in 78217. There are actually a lot of them on Starcrest by Wurzbach Pkwy. There are some nice townhomes on Thousand Oaks between Jones Maltsberger and Henderson Pass, I believe. Like Hedgemom said, some apartment complexes have units that are in the townhome style. For example, the Rock Creek Townhomes and MacArthur townhomes aren't all townhomes; they have a mixture of apartments (flats) and townhomes. Not in San Antonio, but I currently live in a townhome that is in an apartment complex that does not have "townhome" in its name. I've come across apartment complexes like this in San Antonio, but can't remember all of them.

I remember there being townhomes on Perrin Beitel by Wurzbach Pkwy and some by Northeast Baptist Hospital near Starcrest and 410. IIRC, there are townhomes that are kind of hidden near Harry Wurzbach and Rittiman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio