Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 11:11 AM

923 posts, read 1,503,292 times

Advertisements

So recently I got my renewal for my vehicle's registration, and sent my proof of insurance, the paperwork, and my check for $75 and change to the Bexar county tax assessor-collector.

A couple of days later, I get another letter from them, this time billing me for $85 and change (ten dollar increase), and they have stuffed a yellow slip of paper with "Important Notice" in red that says they billed me for the wrong amount before, and to please discard that notice and pay the new amount.

Uhhh, too late people...I already mailed in my check.

I'm actually less concerned with the change in price than I am with their inability to bill me the correct amount in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 11:12 AM

804 posts, read 1,076,254 times
so whats your point?

Old 03-26-2015, 01:03 PM

They shouldn't do that.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:44 PM

The Bexar County Tax Assessor-Collector mailed back my renewal and check so I mailed in a new check for the higher amount, and then after a couple of weeks they sent the check back again, this time saying my inspection had expired (it was valid when I started this process).

So I went to get my vehicle inspected, and apparently now they just give you a paper report (no sticker) which you have to mail in with your renewal.

So I mailed in my inspection report and bigger check (yet again).

Hopefully 3rd time will be the charm.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:54 PM

I just saw this thread (I posted in a thread of my own a while ago before I knew about this one).

Here's what's happened so far with me:

1.) The Bexar County Tax Assessor-Collector mailed back my original renewal and check saying they hadn't charged me enough, so...
2.) I mailed in a new check for the higher amount, and then after a few weeks...
3.) They sent the check back again, this time saying my inspection had now expired; it was valid when I started this whole process, and honestly it seemed like they sat on my check and paperwork until my current inspection expired, but anyway...

I went and got my vehicle inspected, and as you all know by now they just give you a paper report (no sticker) which you have to mail in with your renewal.

So I mailed in my inspection report and the check for the new higher amount, again.

Hoping this is the final time having to do this.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:49 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,503,825 times
Did you remember to sign the check?

Old 05-04-2015, 08:26 PM

905 posts, read 1,631,991 times
Either do it on line or go to a place like River City Auto title. Yes, it's a private place and their fee is not much, but you don't have to wait in long lines.....
Don't mail a check in, you're asking for many bad variables to happen......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: