Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 06:27 PM

779 posts, read 1,660,192 times

Advertisements

has anyone had their trash can disappear?
left it out for trash pickup, came home, low and behold it's missing. checked with my perimiter neighbors, no one accidentally picked it up.

tiger sanitation requires a police report to replace the trash can. anyone had to go through this? wondering if I can complete an online report or if I need to go to an actual station.

seems ridiculous, but if I don't, i'm out $75 because someone wanted a freebie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 09:08 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,373 times
Don't Tiger cans have serial numbers on them? Does Tiger record them and will they give it to you? Perhaps next trash day take a drive around your neighborhood and see if you spot it.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:31 AM

779 posts, read 1,660,192 times
I asked this question this morning and surprisingly they said they don't.
I was under that impression myself and I was going to take my dog for a stroll and look at the numbers.

I'm taking a picture of them this time around so i'll have my own proof.
To my amazement, I explained the situation this morning to an operator and he said, not a problem, we'll send you another one free of charge.

I see nothing but bad reviews of this company online, but it's my HOA that makes us use them, but after a free trash can for a situation out of my control, i'm moving on. Case closed. But now that my neighbors know, we're on the lookout...

Old 05-30-2014, 02:13 PM

188 posts, read 447,675 times
Those raccoons are getting more and more brazen! Seriously, who the hell would steal a trash can?

Old 05-30-2014, 02:19 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,861,727 times
My Tiger can ran away from home two months ago. I called Tiger and got the cart number, and went around looking for my can. When I was unable to locate it, I called Tiger again and they sent me another one. No mention of police reports. I took a picture of the cart number on my new can so I'll have it for future reference.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:38 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
Don't Tiger cans have serial numbers on them?
That's exactly what I was thinking.

How pathetic does someone have to be to steal a trash can?

Old 05-31-2014, 03:55 PM

464 posts, read 803,937 times
Make a stencil with your address and use bright orange spray paint to mark your trash bin.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:12 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,049,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismospec View Post
tiger sanitation requires a police report to replace the trash can
That is absurd, don't the police have better things to do aside from this?

As I understand it, the trash can belongs to Tiger, not to the home owner paying to have the trash picked up. Therefore, it is Tigers responsibility to report it stolen to the police. Not the homeowners.

Send Tiger a written letter telling them that and saying your trash can disappeared after they picked it up, they probably lost it in the dump truck, which is far more likely than someone stealing it. Demand that they provide a replacement otherwise you cannot justify paying them for trash pick up services.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:03 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,787,041 times
You're correct and it cannot be done online !!!!

A police report must be made for stolen carts to be replaced at no charge. Carts that are stolen can be replaced for a $75.00 fee if a police report is not filed.

http://www.tigersanitation.com/Tiger...2014.01.30.pdf

Old 06-01-2014, 09:02 AM

4,323 posts, read 7,229,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismospec View Post
tiger sanitation requires a police report to replace the trash can. anyone had to go through this? wondering if I can complete an online report or if I need to go to an actual station.

seems ridiculous, but if I don't, i'm out $75 because someone wanted a freebie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
That is absurd, don't the police have better things to do aside from this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed2012 View Post
A police report must be made for stolen carts to be replaced at no charge. Carts that are stolen can be replaced for a $75.00 fee if a police report is not filed.
I saw large trash receptacles similar to (or maybe the same) as what COSA uses for sale at a local home improvement center once. I don't recall exactly what the price was, but I'm thinking it was just a little south of $100.

Without requiring a police report to be filed, it would be all to easy for somebody to re-purpose/sell/give away the receptacle they were issued, and then claim it was stolen, and get a no-charge replacement. Requiring a police report puts the customer on record as "officially" reporting it stolen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio