Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 12:14 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,351,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve807 View Post
Any "no firearms" sign, even the ghostbusters type, does have legal effect stopping long gun carry. But lately only the wacko's are doing the long gun public exhibitions.
I do not even own a gun and see your post as asinine. As a person who has suffered from (& orphaned) gun violence (domestic) you really need to rethink your thought process. Do I want to see OC? No. Do I want to stop it? No. Leave people's rights alone.

Sorry your so sensitive to "long" guns and those who process them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 12:47 AM

2,132 posts, read 2,228,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
I do not even own a gun and see your post as asinine. As a person who has suffered from (& orphaned) gun violence (domestic) you really need to rethink your thought process. Do I want to see OC? No. Do I want to stop it? No. Leave people's rights alone.

Sorry your so sensitive to "long" guns and those who process them.
Those bizarre long gun exhibitions were even denounced by the NRA.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:14 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,500,919 times
The OC issue will solve itself soon enough. Two things will happen, after a few months, very few people will do it and unlike the CHL signage, that is often not legal, but no one knows if you are carrying or not, people who don't want you to OC in their stores will figure out the proper signage, because they will be forced to react if so inclined.

Life will go on. Other states have had open carry for a long time and it causes very few problems. You will occasionally have someone be very dramatic about seeing a gun and you will occasionally have an open carrier do something stupid. For an interesting data point, Houston will become the largest city in the country with legal open carry.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:51 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,834,364 times
People don't have to worry about the ones who are open carrying a holstered weapon, it is the criminals who are concealing a gun who are the ones you usually have to be afraid of.

People just don't realize that whatever gun ban or restriction you will make, criminals will not follow them. Murder, robbery, assault is already illegal.

The more armed, law abiding citizens the better! The one nice thing about open carrying is it deters bad guys from hanging around..

Compare the number of attacks on police stations full of people who are open carrying guns to schools, where nobody has a gun on the premises at all.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:30 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,460,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
People don't have to worry about the ones who are open carrying a holstered weapon, it is the criminals who are concealing a gun who are the ones you usually have to be afraid of.

People just don't realize that whatever gun ban or restriction you will make, criminals will not follow them. Murder, robbery, assault is already illegal.

The more armed, law abiding citizens the better! The one nice thing about open carrying is it deters bad guys from hanging around..

Compare the number of attacks on police stations full of people who are open carrying guns to schools, where nobody has a gun on the premises at all.
^^ THIS^^ Those that have done horrid things with weapons (of any type to include guns) have NO respect for the law anyway and will not "follow" it because of "signage".

Old 12-27-2015, 05:47 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,841,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
Those bizarre long gun exhibitions were even denounced by the NRA.
Let's be accurate here......they were NOT denounced by the NRA out of hand. SOME of them were because of the way in which they were done, or the actions of some when confronted by LEO's. The idea was fine - with some, the execution was flawed.

Old 12-27-2015, 07:29 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,188,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
The OC issue will solve itself soon enough. Two things will happen, after a few months, very few people will do it and unlike the CHL signage, that is often not legal, but no one knows if you are carrying or not, people who don't want you to OC in their stores will figure out the proper signage, because they will be forced to react if so inclined.
I've been wondering if the new interest in correct open carry denial signage will bleed over into the realm of concealed carry. I would imagine that many businesses that go to the trouble of learning about the proper open carry signage will also purchase 30.06 signs while they're at it. I saw a few websites that sell the signs and they're displayed right next to each other. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer sale prices to people who purchase both.

Old 12-27-2015, 07:37 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,783,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clnconcpts View Post
Does it really matter if someone is open carrying vs concealed? Why annoying?

When I lived in a state that was difficult to obtain a ccw, I wanted one and fought hard to obtain one. When I moved to az and now tx, which both allow open and concealed I don't care about doing either
I should have been more clear. My issue isn't with CHL but with those folks walking around stores and parking lots with a rile strapped to them in public. I do understand this has been allowed before the new OC law takes effect allowing OC of handguns.

Old 12-27-2015, 07:49 AM

4,330 posts, read 7,240,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
I've been wondering if the new interest in correct open carry denial signage will bleed over into the realm of concealed carry.
I doubt it. Concealed Carry has been permitted in Texas for the last 20 years.

Old 12-27-2015, 07:52 AM

2 posts, read 1,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
As we all know, the new "open carry" law goes into effect on 1/1/2016. Let's make this a thread where we can report back and alert others as to which businesses (other than the obvious 51% alcohol,etc...) won't allow open carry.

I'll start:

HEB
Good idea, but it is already being done better at Texas3006.com - Your 30.06 Information Resource - Home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio