Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 06:09 PM

286 posts, read 295,405 times

Advertisements

I have done some research on cities I would consider moving to and I fortunate to have a job waiting for me in whichever I choose once the funds are right those cities are la , San Diego , Sacramento , Denver , Dallas , Austin and San Antonio

I have been to Dallas a bunch of times for work , and cowboy games but yet to experience a summer day ,
Now I like a dry heat but people say Texas Summer's while temperature wise say hot but the humidity is no where near as bad as say Florida summer , is this true ?

How bad are a Texas summer ? And out of Dallas , Austin and San Antonio who's summer is more bare able and why .

And what do people do all summer in Texas to beat the heat , where in from as soon as it gets into the 80s I'm heading to a high peak where it's 20 degrees colder and hiding lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 06:21 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,064,286 times
You should post this in the Texas forum,since you've asked about Dallas, Austin and San Antonio. Yes, it's hot.

Old 01-23-2016, 06:22 PM

286 posts, read 295,405 times
I'm sorry I didn't know Texas in general had a forum I thought you had to click a city

Old 01-23-2016, 06:40 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,064,286 times
Yes, there is a Texas forum. You'll get more response there..as you'll get bias SA people here (not everyone)

Old 01-23-2016, 06:42 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Dallas not as humid as Austin/San Antonio.

None as humid as Houston.

All hot in summer.

Dallas much colder in winter.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:02 PM

785 posts, read 954,668 times
It's Texas what do you think?

Old 01-23-2016, 07:05 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,457,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Dallas not as humid as Austin/San Antonio.

None as humid as Houston.

All hot in summer.

Dallas much colder in winter.
But Dallas and San Antonio/Austin are much hotter than Houston in the summer, even with the humidity.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:41 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
But Dallas and San Antonio/Austin are much hotter than Houston in the summer, even with the humidity.
Summer or winter, Houston stickiness makes me insane.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:51 PM

894 posts, read 1,548,166 times
Geezus, if San Diego is an option and you are concerned about the heat, why are you even asking about Texas? Dry heat? If I want dry heat I can turn on my oven and stick my head inside. I used to live in Saudi Arabia...I know dry heat. The only consideration is this....in San Diego you can get half the house for more than twice the price of what you get in San Antonio. If you get a bump in pay for working in CA, then awesome. If pay is the same everywhere then move to San Antonio. People in hell vacation here for a break from the heat, but otherwise it is pretty damned hot and air conditioning is a godsend. I love my home in San Antonio. Love, love, love. But if I was a gazillionaire and could move it to San Diego...that would be REALLY tempting. The Spurs moving out there with me, of course.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:39 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,393,155 times
Default Who's Bias, It gets hot,

I am certainly not a biased San Antonian . Unbiased. Lookit your New York today, Yank. 24" of muck falling from the sky. 10 million people and 10 millions tons of snow, one ton per capita. Probably a million snow shovels all hitting concrete simultaneously this instant. Tens of thousands without electricity too. Good luck to them. Even the greeter at Wal_mart is wearing a parka inside the front door it is so cold. HE probably has to shovel all the snow back out the front door that has blown inside.
I withdraw my offer to help you load your U-Haul Truck Pancho you would probably get stuck in the snow on the trip back home, and so might perish on the way Pancho.
I do not want to bear the responsibility.

Pancho has also brought "New York Values" down with him anyway: here, well, we all know what this means and so opinions from therefor must be dismissed.

"How bad are a Texas summer in San Antonio" and " Is it bareable" ? Rhetorical questions, both.
Sure the heat is bareable around here, the more that is bared the better. I think you just might find it, probably, unbearable. Humidity is not so bad, no, but the heat is. It is unrelenting.
Just how bad is it ? Pretty bad , opinions are subjective but I don't think anyone that lives here would say
it is not hot, all summer long. Unless they recently moved here from Death Valley or Phoenix Az. Anyone- would say it is very hot here. There is hardly a respite between May and October. Unless it rains. Rainfall is usually very scarce. At seven a.m. it can already be eighty degrees in the summer.
Winters are usually balmy, sometimes cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
Yes, there is a Texas forum. You'll get more response there..as you'll get bias SA people here (not everyone)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio