Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 08:48 PM

434 posts, read 1,123,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
If you are looking for a Nissan, GUNN can't be beat. Bought the last two cars there and sent family members and close friends there, one even came all the way from Dallas.
I agree. I bought a new Nissan in May and couldn't be happier with my car and the dealership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 11:02 PM

432 posts, read 523,414 times
My most recent buy was from Gunn Acura. The good thing was that the price was fair and did not jump around during the 4+ hours it took to see all the add-on's sales guys and go through all the paperwork three times. This was the final sales meeting as I had selected the specific car several days earlier. Also, it was a cash deal.

They pushed some kind of interior carpet puke and paint protection (blue steel?). After I said no twenty times they threw it in for free. Web search showed it was bogus anyway. There was also some road service / towing package included that was supposed to come in the mail but never did.

Eight weeks after the sale they were in a panic having pushed the (legal?) time limit to get the plates. I made this their problem rather than rushing back to the dealership to sign more papers. Seems after selling 1000's of cars they would have this figured out by now.

Bottom line, of the 30 cars I've bought this experience was far from the worst and I would recommend Gunn. Just allow plenty of game time.

I've tried the Sams/Costco/AARP/Credit Union/AAA preferred customer, pre-negotiated discount pricing and found them all to be a joke - none of those techniques would up being used for the purchases I've made.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:14 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,725,465 times
I dont know that I would be too too concerned about the "dealer experience". If it is a bad experience it isnt really a big deal. You got the car you wanted, right? You can always use a different dealer for service.

From my own experience I have never had a "bad" dealer experience with cars we have bought. We have used Ancira Chevrolet (twice), Boerne Dodge (twice), Cavender Toyota, Gunn Mistubishi, and Carmax (twice).

For service, the best has been Ancira Chevrolet. The worst has been Red McCombs Ford West (for a used car still under warranty bought elsewhere)

If you are researching, I might suggest walking the lots when they are closed. You can save a bit of time and walk Carmax on a Sunday. They have multiple makes and models and almost all are unlocked for you to sit and get a feel for comfort. Doesnt mean you have to buy there if you are looking new but you can get a feel for what's what.

Old 07-31-2016, 06:01 PM

303 posts, read 365,656 times
Here are my experiences in buying cars in San Antonio over the past 17 years or so:

Northside Ford: Shadiest car buying experience I've ever been through, it was a disaster. Buying a simple Ford Explorer for the family resulted in a 6 hours car buying experience.

Gunn Infiniti (when they were on 410): Great experience when I leased a car through them.

BMW San Antonio: Mixed results. I returned a lease to them about 15 years ago and was offered a new lease via an aloof sales manager that was a laughable price. Service department there is kinda a sh*t show. There is no BMW competition in SA so that is the problem. I went back 10 years later and came across a rarely offered M vehicle on the lot, bought it on the spot, and was in and out of the dealership in few hours. That was refreshing.

Ken Batchelor Cadillac: I purchased our latest family SUV there (Escalade), and it was the most seamless transaction I've ever been involved in. I paid cash, got a fair deal, was in and out quickly.

Lexus of San Antonio: I've never purchased a car there but I've shopped there, and they are top notch. I would argue that their service department and sales process is the best in SA.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:25 AM

201 posts, read 279,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
I've had great experiences at Gunn Infiniti. Can't recommend them enough.

BMW SA is small, always slammed with angry looking people and the general chaos of the dealership make me happy I'm not having my vehicle serviced there.
I second this about Gunn Infiniti. I had a very good experience there and they will be my first stop when I'm ready for a new one.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:17 PM

42 posts, read 51,910 times
McCombs Ford West is just terrible to deal with. New vehicle or service.

I drove to Whitesboro, north of Dallas for a great deal on my truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio