Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,331,095 times

Advertisements

Here's a pictorial on closed restaurants in town: 15 S.A. restaurants we'll miss in 2013 - San Antonio Express-News

They all sound so good - now why did they go belly up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 10:45 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,461,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
Here's a pictorial on closed restaurants in town: 15 S.A. restaurants we'll miss in 2013 - San Antonio Express-News

Can only tell you why RoMo went belly up...and it was the service! The chef was awesome, and REALLY tried...but the service was SOOOO AWFUL and he just could not get it down with the proper staff (try as he did!!!)

It is REALLY sad to see "talent" wasted because the minimum wage staff is leaving such a horrid impression on those who LOVE your food, but kill your business because they are 18 yrs old going on 12 and could care less....JMHO

Old 01-01-2013, 11:31 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,045,611 times
We used to enjoy Janitzio's many years ago, but they seemed to decline with each subsequent visit. Too many other Tex-Mex options in SA to settle for the bad ones.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,126,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post

Didn't realize until I read the article that the "Rolling Pig" food truck had gone belly up.

IIRC, it had a not-very-visible location near Nacogdoches and 410.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:57 AM

545 posts, read 1,062,237 times
Personally, I'm not sure I would have put Salpicon on the list as a 'missed restaurant.' Everything I ordered there was straight from the HEB down the street. Romo's has been kicked to death around here already.

I thought Apple Annie's had just moved to a new location outside Artisan Alley? Another place I tried eating several times and was told they had stopped serving, or were closing early, or were randomly closed for the day, or lights were on and nobody was home. Seemed like a place for little old ladies to eat at 11am on Thursday.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 AM

9,853 posts, read 13,708,956 times
I was just thinking about Apple Annie's the other day. I loved that place when I was little. We bought Mason Jar glasses specifically because I begged my parents to have them "just like they have a Apple Annie's.Z""We'd always go there after shopping at Artisan's Alley..which is now so not what it used to be. But that's a different thread.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:58 AM

923 posts, read 1,503,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanValdez View Post
Another place I tried eating several times and was told they had stopped serving, or were closing early, or were randomly closed for the day, or lights were on and nobody was home.
Sounds like The Angry Elephant.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:01 AM

923 posts, read 1,503,416 times
Los Tres Garcias in Stone Oak is now closed, and I am glad.
Service had been TERRIBLE since Tink A Taco sold it and it became Los Tres Garcias.
We gave them several chances because my wife wanted to believe the manager when he promised her they were working on it, but the place repeatedly had slow, horrible service every single time we went there.
Good riddance.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:16 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,075,062 times
Texas Seafood Grill on Bandera + Huebner has closed

Old 01-04-2013, 07:19 AM

2 posts, read 3,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest1492 View Post
I see that is your first post SuperKoopah. Welcome to the boards. It appears that you are replying to the same post that Paka replied to a couple weeks ago since you specifically reference Gwendolyn.
Here is the link to the Downtown Blog that talks about the new ramen shop that will be a second business by Gwendolyn owner Michael Sohocki. It appears the ramen shop will operate in the space formerly occupied by The Cakery Bakery, but won't be a physical expansion of Gwendolyn.

Noodle bar may replace Cakery Bakery | The Downtown Blog | a mySA.com blog
Thanks forest, glad you were able to identify what I was referring to as it appeared to have been lost on paka. Ive been seeing quick progress on cakery bakerys clearing out but slow on the noodle bars development. The bakerys sign was taken down last week. Looking forward to seeing the new place. Anyway, thanks again for the insight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio