Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2013, 04:19 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,075,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Isn't Austin kinda sorta in the "San Antonio area"? Haha. Some people can get to south Austin in 50 minutes, depending on which part of town they're on!
I can Soviet..

If I leave here at 10am, I can avoid traffic all the way up and im by Stone Oak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 07:09 PM

61,756 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post

Fratello’s Italian Market & Deli coming to 2503 Broadway St
I am happy to hear about it. It's a time that San Antonio gets an Italian deli again. Gosh.... I really miss Paletta's!!
I checked their limited menu - well, the same ol' you see in other Italian places, nothing extraordinary - so, it better be good! However I am pleased to see that they will have homemade breads, cheese and gelato...
No desserts and cakes on the menu? (where is my biscotti and tiramisu?? )

Last edited by elnina; 08-10-2013 at 07:32 PM..

Old 08-10-2013, 09:17 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,436,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I am happy to hear about it. It's a time that San Antonio gets an Italian deli again. Gosh.... I really miss Paletta's!!
I checked their limited menu - well, the same ol' you see in other Italian places, nothing extraordinary - so, it better be good! However I am pleased to see that they will have homemade breads, cheese and gelato...
I passed by the old Paletta's and its a shame its gone, one of the best Italian deli's we had here in town.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:18 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,436,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
In-N-Out coming to Austin January 2014
4508 North Interstate 35 Frontage Rd (close to East 51st Street)
I passed by there the other day and saw it, you are right many SA people will probably make the drive up to Austin when it opens.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Im pretty sure its the same guy who started Goombas
read this article cause I knew the name sounded familiar cause I met the guy
Fratello

Old 08-12-2013, 10:35 AM

580 posts, read 1,430,221 times
Went to Barbaro on Saturday night, the new "pizza place" opened by the Monterey folks over on McCullough in Monte Vista.

I was blown away: great design (especially the bar), great drinks, and REALLY great food. My lady and I had an olive pizza and the roasted cauliflower salad, which was literally one of the tastiest things I've ever eaten. (Next time, we'll get what looks to be a caprese salad but with soft tofu--bizarre but interesting.) The pizza was super delicious, too. It's now entered a three-way tie for best pie in San Antonio, along with the atomica at Il Sogno and the margherita at Sorrento's. (Hell, Barbaro might end up beating those two out. We'll have to visit again._)

The clientele was also nice: a lot of young, well dressed, and excited types. We ran into a bunch of people we knew, too. I'm really happy to make this place a regular stop, especially since they're open until midnight on most nights and 1am on Friday and Saturday.

(Afterward, we went to Faust Tavern, in the old Web House, and although we didn't get the pizza, we really liked the place. Kind of an indie rock bar, but a really nice space. It's a bit divey, but if you like that, you'll approve--plus, open until 4am!!!)

Good things are happening in the neighborhood. . . .

Old 08-12-2013, 02:31 PM

Whataburger and Captain Ben's Seafood is going into the new Walmart shopping center on naco & thousand oaks

Old 08-13-2013, 09:01 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,543,005 times
Del taco finally opens on Sept 4

Old 08-13-2013, 05:42 PM

One Lucky Duck is coming to the pearl
Tenants : Pearl Brewery : San Antonio, Texas
looks like they are from NYNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
Del taco finally opens on Sept 4
I hope everyone realizes its just fast food....like taco bell, taco cabana. Don't think you're going to some high class mexican restaurant.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:51 PM

5,585 posts, read 6,515,763 times
Goombas Pizza closed in Helotes. Isn't there another one somewhere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio