Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 03:24 PM

39 posts, read 46,108 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I recently received a citation for "Use of a hand held mobile communication device" while driving. I emailed SAcourt@sanantonio.gov (The San Antonio Municipal Court) on how to request dismissal of the ticket by taking defensive driving. Their response is that this citation does not qualify for defensive driving because this is a city ordinance violation which means it does not affect my driving record.

That's great news, but I am still wondering if I should request deferred disposition? My other option is just pay the ticket which I am hesitant to do.

I would appreciate anyone with insight. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 05:03 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,502,455 times
You are going to get the same response to deferred adjudication as defensive driving. It's a city ordinance matter, not a traffic violation.

Why are you reluctant to pay the fine?
Were you talking or texting while driving? If so, pay the fine, then stay off the #!%@*! phone while driving.

BO should know better.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:41 PM

61,725 posts, read 87,147,355 times
I am glad to hear that people are finally getting "Use of a hand-held mobile communication device" citations!!!

OP - pay the fine, be glad you didn't cause any accident, and consider using a hands-free device if you must.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:47 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,220,586 times
Our Subaru has an answer button on the steering wheel. When called, we press that button and it's hands-free from that point. I'm pretty sure most new vehicles have that feature. I like it!

Old 07-18-2018, 09:36 AM

303 posts, read 365,856 times
Here are your options:

1) Pay the fine

Old 07-18-2018, 09:53 AM

431 posts, read 1,204,462 times
LOVE to see that someone actually got a ticket for this. It astounds me how often I see people blatantly using their cell phone after the ban went into effect. I can usually guess who is holding their phone while driving when I see them going extra slow...weaving...or driving bad in general.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:53 AM

39 posts, read 46,108 times
I only say I'm hesitant to just pay the fine because I don't want anything too bad on my records. Other than that, I do plan to pay the fine, and I think it's a good thing that I got caught now as it will definitely change my behaviors going forward. I think this is one of those things that a lot of us do, but won't change unless you get a citation or get into an accident.

Now that we got that out of the way, I'd appreciate some constructive advice on how I should handle paying for my citation. Thanks.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:07 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0knows View Post

Now that we got that out of the way, I'd appreciate some constructive advice on how I should handle paying for my citation. Thanks.
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I recently received a citation for "Use of a hand held mobile communication device" while driving. I emailed SAcourt@sanantonio.gov (The San Antonio Municipal Court) on how to request dismissal of the ticket by taking defensive driving. Their response is that this citation does not qualify for defensive driving because this is a city ordinance violation which means it does not affect my driving record.

That's great news, but I am still wondering if I should request deferred disposition? My other option is just pay the ticket which I am hesitant to do.

I would appreciate anyone with insight. Thank you!

You all ready got the answer. What other answer do you want? Just pay the ticket.

Old 07-18-2018, 11:34 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,119,686 times
I think city should deputize a whole bunch of us who put those tickets in the mail to the offenders that we notice.

Old 07-18-2018, 11:43 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,557,580 times
Quote:
I only say I'm hesitant to just pay the fine because I don't want anything too bad on my records.
I'm willing to bet that NOT paying the fine is going to look worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio