Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 03:21 PM

422 posts, read 1,451,186 times

Advertisements

Why's everybody scared? Most of these victims put themselves in these situations, either by running with the wrong crowd, drugs, prostitution, crime, etc... Growing up in this city I've been all over, South, West, East, North. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:30 PM

413 posts, read 1,405,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradyFan View Post
SpoiledWife, your act, it's cute, it is.[/sarcasm]

You know, the over sensationalizing any crime not committed in the north side or northwest side and then generalizing certain regions of the metro as well as trying to instill fear into not only locals but new comers or potential transplants.

Cut the crap, seriously.

Aside from that short little rant, lets get some things straight.

1. This wasn't the northeast side, this occurred in the east side/far east side.

2. This happened across from the Sunrise subdivision which has been a known hot spot for gang activity for many many years.

3. If you actually bothered to check police data, that little pocket on the far east side that contains Sunrise has actually seen crimes committed by gangs decrease.

3. No children were in harms way at any time (though of course they could have potentially been) and this an act of two rival gangs, pathetic souls, who need to grow up.

4. I will continue to correct any of your agenda driven posts.
Thank you. You deserve a rep!

Old 04-22-2008, 05:47 PM

47 posts, read 243,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradyFan View Post
SpoiledWife, your act, it's cute, it is.[/sarcasm]

You know, the over sensationalizing any crime not committed in the north side or northwest side and then generalizing certain regions of the metro as well as trying to instill fear into not only locals but new comers or potential transplants.

Cut the crap, seriously.

Not every street of this side of town is bad, however there are enough bad streets that you have to recognize it's not the best area in town. New comers should be aware. If you are willing to roll the dice and live amongst the gangbangers, you might get lucky and never be effected. Lots of people do. But at least know what kind of things ARE happening and what you are potentially exposing you and your family to.

Aside from that short little rant, lets get some things straight.

1. This wasn't the northeast side, this occurred in the east side/far east side.

Geography aside, the area from I-10 up to Windcrest, has been considered "Northeast" for quite some time. The "East" side ends around 410, just past Sam Houston HS.

2. This happened across from the Sunrise subdivision which has been a known hot spot for gang activity for many many years.

This is true. But if you think it's restricted to Sunrise....

3. If you actually bothered to check police data, that little pocket on the far east side that contains Sunrise has actually seen crimes committed by gangs decrease.

That means jack **** when kids are running around shooting. They are still very much there, no matter how much less they've been caught.

3. No children were in harms way at any time (though of course they could have potentially been) and this an act of two rival gangs, pathetic souls, who need to grow up.

Thankfully it was during school. However, these idiots are not checking their watches when they pull the trigger.

4. I will continue to correct any of your agenda driven posts.

For who's benefit though?
People should be 100% aware of the neighborhoods they are going to live and work in and the schools where they send their kids to. Some people, like TomBradyFan, are obviously much more optimistic. If a little bit of gangbanging and shooting is going on, meh, it's no big deal. It's still mostly a good area, right? I guess, but I wouldn't want to live there. Oh wait, that's why I moved away from there!

Old 04-22-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
Why's everybody scared? Most of these victims put themselves in these situations, either by running with the wrong crowd, drugs, prostitution, crime, etc... Growing up in this city I've been all over, South, West, East, North. There's nothing to be afraid of.

The problem is these dumb gangbangers apparently never learn how to aim and shoot properly. If they were better shooters I'd say have all the gun play they want until every last one is dead. Hell yeah, kill each other please! But they aren't good shooters. They suck actually. And it's usually someone innocent getting hurt or killed.

You are right about not being afraid; you can't live in fear wherever you go. But there are areas all over town, like every city, where you need to be extra cautious. The area being discussed certainly fits that bill.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:56 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,458,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySixString View Post
The problem is these dumb gangbangers apparently never learn how to aim and shoot properly. If they were better shooters I'd say have all the gun play they want until every last one is dead. Hell yeah, kill each other please! But they aren't good shooters. They suck actually. And it's usually someone innocent getting hurt or killed.

You are right about not being afraid; you can't live in fear wherever you go. But there are areas all over town, like every city, where you need to be extra cautious. The area being discussed certainly fits that bill.
The thing is the OP seems hellbent on keeping people away from any area remotely associated with the eastside. Whenever she posts about "gang" activity, it has to do with that side of town. Just note the emphasis on the word EAST in her subject title. Why is it typed NorthEAST? Why is it that she doesn't post about "gang" activity on the NORTHside or WESTside or SOUTHside? Hmmmm...maybe she struck oil somewhere on the eastside and wants to keep it all for herself.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
The thing is the OP seems hellbent on keeping people away from any area remotely associated with the eastside. Whenever she posts about "gang" activity, it has to do with that side of town. Just note the emphasis on the word EAST in her subject title. Why is it typed NorthEAST? Why is it that she doesn't post about "gang" activity on the NORTHside or WESTside or SOUTHside? Hmmmm...maybe she struck oil somewhere on the eastside and wants to keep it all for herself.

Well, it's not like the East side has a good reputation as a safe side of town. Then again, neither does the West OR the South sides. Maybe it's just her personal experience that lead to her biased view.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:53 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,558,749 times
Quote:
That's the best reason I've heard yet!!!

Old 04-22-2008, 08:01 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,458,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySixString View Post
Well, it's not like the East side has a good reputation as a safe side of town. Then again, neither does the West OR the South sides. Maybe it's just her personal experience that lead to her biased view.
Or her personal prejudice maybe?

Old 04-22-2008, 08:04 PM

127 posts, read 495,216 times
[SIZE=2]Some Northeast side neighbors say they are tired of rival gangs fighting and shooting near their homes and children's schools.

[/SIZE][SIZE=2]People living near the elementary school say they've seen gang violence in this area increase in the last few months. They tell News 4 they want to see something done about it before an innocent person gets hurt.

Shooting Forces School Lockdown Test | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

[/SIZE]

Old 04-22-2008, 08:07 PM

127 posts, read 495,216 times
Quote:
Or her personal prejudice maybe?
How classy of you to mention prejudices...

What exactly do you mean by that?

Look at my post history and I think you will realize any sort of prejudices will be dismissed when you understand that I am married to a black male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio