Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 06:53 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
it's a new coil, they replaced it last year. POS system for sure

RD, I pm'ed ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 11:02 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
better late than never.. finally found a camera (a VERY bad camera at that) and took two pictures. The drier came out fine, but the overall shot is awful because I can't focus the camera. It gives a good enough idea of its location though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	S2010027.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	20585

Click image for larger version

Name:	S2010028.jpg
Views:	5125
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	20586

Old 05-29-2008, 12:42 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,697 times
My heat pump is in the condenser. While I can see it if the fan is off, there's no way I could get up and personal like that unless I took the outer shell off. Is your drier with the main unit in the attic (or seemingly an hvac closet in your case?) And is the coil you speak of freezing at the condenser or in the attic (or closet) as well? Pardon my ignorance on the subject of A/C. I learn as I go.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:27 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
that's the inside box where the inside (cooling) coil, fan, and heating elements are. I'm not an expert either and am also learning as I go. They blew out the pan and added about 3/4 pound of freon to the system. Not sure if that was actually necessary, but I'll figure that out later. I think the small amount of icing was caused by the filter getting wet and blocking most of the airflow across the coil. The design of the system is beyond retarded when it comes to the filters position. I still have another year on the warranty, so hopefully it will break one more time before it expires.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:06 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Icing up usually means low on refrigerant. When they come out make dang sure that they fix the leak and not just add refrigerant. It may be dirty too. Can you look and see your coil? Take a flashlight and see how dirty it is, you can use a brush and very lightly clean the coil, just be sure to go with the coil and not against it so you don't bend them over causing them to close up. A toilet brush works well for this. They also make a cleaner you spray on your coil but I'm don't know the name or where to buy it (I will try to find out for ya).

I just cleaned the evap coil on mine yesterday. A friend of mine owns a good A/C company and loaned me the cleaner. Just sprays on with a water bottle, and then foams - the foam pushes all the dirt, etc out of the fins and then you can rinse everything off. I had to brush some of the areas, but did it gently. No bent fins!

I did have to work on my main drain line, there was an obstruction somewhere. Amazing what an air compressor can do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio