Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:01 PM

8 posts, read 21,460 times

Advertisements

If not already known, please refer to this Wiki Feng shui - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for the definition of Feng Shui.

It has gained popularity in the West Coast due to influence of Chinese community. The reason why I am asking is that, we found a house that it is right for our budget, but it is on the top of a T-intersection facing the incoming traffic, so it is not good at Feng Shui. In view of resale, I am interested in knowing... do people here really care about this Feng Shui thing? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 11:09 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times
I'm not sure that "care" is the correct word for the interest in Feng Shui in South Texas. There are certainly people here that practice Feng Shui design and incorporate it in their homes and in the design of their homes. My guess is that "bad" Feng Shui as far as placement of a home on a lot would not effect the resale value of a home in this area. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking or not.

As far as being energy efficient, most home developers, custom builders and savvy home buyers know that window exposure, and placement of a home on a lot could have a dramatic effect on energy consumption. You'll probably find more of an interest from that POV over Feng Shui balance of energy.

I hope that helps.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i do big time.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:19 PM

To the OP....are you referring to Feng Shui in San Antonio....or just in general. I'm asking because of the reply from Huck who shows a location in Southern California? Are you fishing to move here and wanting to know if SA is Feng Shui friendly? Or are you selling a house here and are afraid it might hurt the sale?

Feng Shui or not....a home at the center of a T intersection would be undesirable for several reasons....not just due to bad Feng Shui. That's just my opinion, however.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:21 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,191 times
You can get books on Feng Shui. However, I have also read that it is just a good energy feeling. You may not need more than that, but it's fun to see what they say about where the front door is placed and which way your bed should face - all to produce good things in your life.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:23 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
To the OP....are you referring to Feng Shui in San Antonio....or just in general. I'm asking because of the reply from Huck who shows a location in Southern California? Are you fishing to move here and wanting to know if SA is Feng Shui friendly? Or are you selling a house here and are afraid it might hurt the sale?

Feng Shui or not....a home at the center of a T intersection would be undesirable for several reasons....not just due to bad Feng Shui. That's just my opinion, however.
Agree. I would be more worried about a vehicle coming through my front door. This DOES happen in San Antonio too many times.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:29 PM

Sorry for not making it clear enough... I am referring to Feng Shui in SA and I am actually buying a house here. My concern is that, if people in SA do care about Feng Shui that much, the T-intersection is definitely a negative for the resale value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post

Old 10-27-2008, 11:33 PM

Yeah... the traffic concern is one aspect of Feng Shui. Does it happen often in a gated community with light traffic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Agree. I would be more worried about a vehicle coming through my front door. This DOES happen in San Antonio too many times.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:40 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,583,438 times
I personally would not purchase a house that's oriented as such for several reasons, one of which is headlights shining straight into my windows at night. Even with light traffic, that could be irritating...

Old 10-27-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrog View Post
Sorry for not making it clear enough... I am referring to Feng Shui in SA and I am actually buying a house here. My concern is that, if people in SA do care about Feng Shui that much, the T-intersection is definitely a negative for the resale value.
Thanks for that clarification! Just add bad Feng Shui to a list of reasons why a home in that location would be negative. Steelman pointed one out....along with saftey for children playing outside near an intersections...and the annoying reflection of headlights at night from cars approaching a home head on at a stop sign.

Keep in mind that you when you chose to resell, that having amenities in a home that appeals to the broadest group of potential buyers would be to your advantage. If you have a home placed on a lot that takes advantage of energy efficiency, heat reduction, safety, convenience, good schools at the right price.....and you can add good Feng Shui in the mix, then you will probably do alright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio