Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 06:00 PM

351 posts, read 1,584,674 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Over the years I have been pulled over many times, driving while young, driving with long hair, driving 1(!!!) mile over the speed limit, driving with a taillight out (that the cop kicked out himself after pulling us over, driving with too many people. You get the idea.

The majority of these Traffic stops were in these little incorporated towns: Balcones Heights, Shavanno Park, Castle Hills, Alamo Heights, Windcrest, Selma, Schertz.

Cash Register Justice!

Some let us go on our way when they saw we were innocent others made up reasons to throw us in jail, or write tickets that ruined my bank account for no good readson.

The worst traffic offenders seem to be the Police Officers themselves.

"To Protect & Serve." more like "To Harrass & Subjugate!"

Does anyone else have any other Police Horror Stories?

crazedchef
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 06:19 PM

944 posts, read 3,062,587 times
Avoid Castle Hills at the end of a month is all I will say.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:47 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,666,503 times
On Military Drive West, heading west at first stop sign (in Westcreek), a Bexar County Deputy Sheriff likes to sit back on the crossing street and give people tickets for not coming to a COMPLETE stop. I have seen many people (my wife included) who received a ticket for this ($235). The cop told my wife he is looking for people to stop at least 3 seconds AND look both ways before proceeding. Speeding/tailgating in this area is a bigger problem, but not as lucrative.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:26 PM

944 posts, read 3,062,587 times
235!!!?? That's what my school zone ticket was supposed to cost me before I flirted with the judge to get the fine reduced

Old 02-17-2007, 05:49 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,856,150 times
Don't forget Leon Valley.

The easiest place to get a ticket is the area immediately northwest of 281/Bitters. I forget the name of the city. These are the homes with really large properties and lots of wildlife.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:52 AM

244 posts, read 1,092,518 times
I actually notice just the opposite--how unbelievably unattentive cops are here. I speed everywhere, and in two years have yet to receive a single ticket. Now, that wasn't the case when I got busted for two minor in consumption charges.

I also saw an SAPD officer on the side of the road with a joint lit up smoking it one time! Craziest thing I've ever probably seen.

And one of my friends told me on his way to Austin, he got pulled over, and the cop asked if they had been smoking weed, and they said yes. My friend terrified goes, "So are you going to arrest us, officer?"

The officer says, "Hell no son, let me hit that". He got in and they ended up smoking him out! hahahaha

Old 02-17-2007, 01:04 PM

116 posts, read 472,491 times
I've heard they'll get you for two over in Shavano Park. Also, on Talley Road, the speed limit is 40. That's ridiculously low for most of the length of the road (except near the end where there are a few dips that make for very limited sight distance). Should be 45 or 50 for much of the way. Was told that some judge lost his daughter in an accident on that road so he prevents the limit from being raised. Anyone hear any details on that one?

Anyway, I'm building a house out there, and our agent told us to do 40 on that road... not 41, not 42. Says the cops LOVE to ticket on that road. He drives it four times a day (to and from work, and to lunch and back) and sees people pulled over constantly.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:08 PM

351 posts, read 1,584,674 times
Hi

In Shavano Park when I was still a Junior in Clark High School right down the road, a cop pulled me over for no back taillight.

We were on our way to a party and had a Igloo thermos filled with frozen margaritas (yeehaw).

The cop got us all out of the car and tore my car up. He found a pipe (thankfully nothing was in it) andstarted questioning us. He did not believe it was not mine, and I was not going to point the finger at one of my friends whereupon he hit me in the stomach with the end ou his baton and said "Do I look like a fool to you, SON!"

Of course I wanted to scream "No sir, you look like an *******!" Instead I remained meek and he let us go with Minor in Possesion and Possion of Drug Parahenalia tickets, cost me a lot of money considering I was earning $3.75 an hour at Handy Andy.

I am glad I did not spout off to this jerk, found out later that he had put another Clark student in the hospital and never got charged because he said that he was just "Defending Himself!"

Still have not driven through Shavano Park and it has been 20+ yrs.

crazedchef

Old 03-05-2007, 11:05 PM

73 posts, read 403,134 times
I don't have horror stories, but I lived in Schertz for years and if there is one little thing wrong, they will pull you right over! I'm the kind of person who has to get a ticket to find the time to update inspection and registration stickers, so that didn't help.
In Schertz, I've gotten pulled over for speeding (less than 5 miles an hour over) and driving TOO SLOW (less than 5 miles an hour under) on the same road! After getting the speeding ticket, I was extra paranoid about driving too fast. I should mention that I didn't get a ticket for going too slow, just a warning. It still sucked, though! I couldn't believe my luck.

I'm also very familiar with Selma's city hall....and Universal City's. It's not a question of if I'll get a ticket every year when my stickers expire, but instead a question of where that ticket will come from.

Oh, and I've been arrested by Leon Valley for an expired sticker and failure to appear. I thought the court date was on Friday, but it was actually on Thursday. When I showed up on Friday, the office was dark because they close really early on Fridays. I saw a big sign on the door that Municipal Court was on Thursday, realized my error and figured there wasn't anything I could do until they reopened next Thursday. I showed up, explained, and they told me there was a warrant out for my arrest. I asked what I needed to do to clear it up and they said they were going to have to arrest me. I started SCREAMING and crying. It sucked. I never thought I'd ever be arrested for anything in my life!!!

I know a girl who got pulled over by SAPD with no insurance, no driver's license, no registration or inspection sticker AND warrants out for her arrest. They gave her a warning and let her drive off! SAPD is VERY laid back compared to the little departments.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:34 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,362,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTSASTUD View Post
I actually notice just the opposite--how unbelievably unattentive cops are here. I speed everywhere, and in two years have yet to receive a single ticket. Now, that wasn't the case when I got busted for two minor in consumption charges.

I also saw an SAPD officer on the side of the road with a joint lit up smoking it one time! Craziest thing I've ever probably seen.

And one of my friends told me on his way to Austin, he got pulled over, and the cop asked if they had been smoking weed, and they said yes. My friend terrified goes, "So are you going to arrest us, officer?"

The officer says, "Hell no son, let me hit that". He got in and they ended up smoking him out! hahahaha
I bet he started pulling your leg too....just like you're pulling ours!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio