Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 12:45 PM

5 posts, read 29,436 times

Advertisements

Soooo....I'm finding myself at a loss as to where to start going to try to meet some eligible men. I was a stay at home mom for a few years, but now have been single quite awhile and am a working mom. I don't really have any friends to call on to tag along with me, so much of my out-and-about is done solo. I work for an extremely small company so don't make friends through work either. I want to start dating again and just don't have a clue where to go besides a club, and I'd really rather not. Dating sites are not for me-----need chemistry right off the bat. I'm most interested in meeting educated guys who are in their 20s or early 30s, preferably white. Where can I start hanging out y'all?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 12:50 PM

68 posts, read 234,053 times
I fit your description (although taken) and I really liked Boston Pub off 1604/Hausman. Seemed to be mostly 20-30yo UTSA students. Definately better than the ghetto clubs I've seen. Lounges typically are better.

Also try sports with both women and men like tennis, or a gym. Guys love to hit on girls at the gym, which is why they have female only gyms.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:54 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,791,891 times
I'm in SAFTW's demographic - late 20s but taken and enjoy the Flying Saucer, along with It's a Grind and another small coffee house on Huebner (with really short hours, I'm not there so much). I haven't been around San Antonio for long, but hear there's another bar at Blanco and Huebner Rd, but that it might be mostly late 30s-40s there. I've also heard about a hookah place / coffee house around Stone Oak somewhere but haven't had the chance to make it over.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:58 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,743 times
Although I have been married for almost 14yrs when I worked at USAA we would have happy hour get togethers after work sometimes at The Fox and the Hound on DeZavala, outside 10 --- the crowd you're looking for seemed to fit your bill --- now this was years back, so i cannot speak from recent experience, but it may be worth it to give it a shot ---

There is also a bar/lounge type off Huebner just before Huebner Oaks --- The Flying Saucer maybe??? sorry, i don't remember the name --- it seemed pretty nice the couple of times dh and i went ---

Old 01-19-2009, 01:02 PM

68 posts, read 234,053 times
I was also going to recommend all those places in the DeZavala area but I hadn't been to any of them in years and I know how bars always change for the worse, so I didn't feel experienced enough to give a recent opinion. There was also the Bicycle club on Fredericksburg Rd. Haven't been there either recently.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:16 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFTW View Post
I was also going to recommend all those places in the DeZavala area but I hadn't been to any of them in years and I know how bars always change for the worse, so I didn't feel experienced enough to give a recent opinion. There was also the Bicycle club on Fredericksburg Rd. Haven't been there either recently.
oh yeah, i forgot about Bombay's Bicycle club on Fred rd...that was nice also, although not as big as a crowd after Fox & Hound opened...

Old 01-19-2009, 01:44 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,969,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
oh yeah, i forgot about Bombay's Bicycle club on Fred rd...that was nice also, although not as big as a crowd after Fox & Hound opened...
Young hiphop crowd at Bombay on Fredricksburg now.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:51 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,398 times
Hmm...I got alot of single friends, and we all live in your area, although I personally am not on the market. Why don't you post a picture on your profile so I can give em a look!...lol. As for meeting people, I sencond the co-ed sports club idea. There is a large SA co-ed adult sports league with many options from bowling to softball to dodgeball etc.... They always hang out and party toghter after games, and they are mostly late 20's to early 30's business professionals. Also if your looking for an active, attractive, fun guy that would probably be the type of scene you'd want to mingle in. As said above guys love flirting with women when it comes to co-ed sports.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:56 PM

874 posts, read 2,893,772 times
How about volunteering somewhere? That might give you a better idea on personality and if you share ideas/values with someone right off the bat... I know you are a working mom, but you could volunteer even just a couple of hours a week. Just a though in case you don't want to go the bar/restaurant route.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:10 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
How about taking a class at one of the school districts' adult education programs? Both NISD and NEISD have them. Many "already been educated" people take classes just to learn a new hobby, meet people (ahem!), and have fun. Sure takes the "sleazy bar scene" effects out of the equation.

Northside Independent School District, Adult and Community Education (http://northsideisd.augusoft.net/versions/v60/index.cfm?fuseaction=1010 - broken link)

Also, may I recommend you just stop looking? Be happy and secure in yourself, focus on your kids, and you will be surprised how intriguing that can be for a man. I'm not saying to not date--of course having a mate can be wonderful--but sometimes women give off that desperate, can't-live-without-a-man vibe that freaks guys out. And you may not even know you're doing it.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio