Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 AM

17 posts, read 108,948 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any linedancing classes in or near to the San Antonio area. Maybe through the parks and recreaton, or senior centers? Or maybe after hour in the schools? Also any info. on non smoking "dance halls" or clubs that have country music would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 12:14 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,981,665 times
The first two places that come to mind are Floore's Country Store in Helotes or the Leon Springs Dance Hall on IH-10W outside of 1604 a few miles...

Oh, and if you are quick, the Elks Lodge on Market Hill is having a line dancing class on Saturday, 7 Feb (info here (http://www.mysanantonio.com/calendar/Elks_Lodge_Line_Dancing_Class.html - broken link))!

I just Google'd 'San Antonio line dancing class' to get the above info, you might want to give it a try, it also revealed a list of places in Texas that line dance here (http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/wtd_Texas.html - broken link).

Cheers! M2

Old 02-16-2009, 10:44 PM

2 posts, read 16,211 times
I have several years of experience line dancing as well as instructing, and I have been looking for a place to line dance here in the San Antonio area for 3 years now. I have been to Cowboys, Midnight Rodeo, and Leon Springs...nobody does any other line dances other than the Electric Slide and some rendition of the Boot Scootin' Boogie. I think that people are just going to have to organize a group and cycle around the various clubs. Until people get exposed to the variety of different line dances and music, nobody will be doing any other dances other than the ones I listed above.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:43 PM

We attended the dinner/linedance lesson at the Elks Club a couple weeks ago. The people there were very friendly and welcoming to us newcomers, and it was fun to get to spend a couple of hours linedancing. Most of the dances were very simple and easy to follow. We were told that they give lessons at several of the local churches in the area and that they have a regular linedance time at the Midnight Rodeo the first Friday of every other month. The next one being in April.

We do agree that it would be good for someone to start a group or lessons at one of the local dance halls. We would be interested in possibly getting some people together on a regular basis if we could find enough dancers interested.

My husband and I both have over 15 years experience linedancing and instructing. Between us we know hundreds of dances ranging from beginner to advanced, and we have a music library that includes thousands of songs. We have DJ'd many dance events in the last few years and have our own equipment, though we would be willing to use what is available at the venue.

If any of you dancers/instructors/venue owners are interested in trying to form a local group we would love to hear from you. We would be available any time after the first week in April.

Hope to hear from you all....

Old 03-04-2009, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 16,211 times
Default We're interested

My husband and I and some of our friends would be interested in forming a group. When and where would y'all like to get together?

Old 03-07-2009, 04:41 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,422,182 times
Anyone give meetup.com a shot? I can't view it at work, but I imagine there's probably a group or two on there. Maybe criagslist too....

Old 06-14-2009, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 7,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osbergtm View Post
I have several years of experience line dancing as well as instructing, and I have been looking for a place to line dance here in the San Antonio area for 3 years now. I have been to Cowboys, Midnight Rodeo, and Leon Springs...nobody does any other line dances other than the Electric Slide and some rendition of the Boot Scootin' Boogie. I think that people are just going to have to organize a group and cycle around the various clubs. Until people get exposed to the variety of different line dances and music, nobody will be doing any other dances other than the ones I listed above.
Let me know when y'all get one together. I'm originally from WA and then CA. We don't go out much. I haven't seen a cha-cha or schottische (couples dances) either. My name's Annie and I'd love to join in. twytyz@hotmail.com.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:06 AM

Default linedancing

We would love to try to get a group of linedancers together and are willing to supply the music and talk to businesses with a dance floors to find a place.....but first we need some feedback on what areas of SA people live/want to dance in, and kind of what days and hours people would be available. We live on the NW (Leon Valley) side but would be willing to go elsewhere if it would be more convenient for you all.

Please let us know and maybe we can get something going.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:09 AM

Annie, where in Wahington did you live/dance? We are also originally from the Calif. and Washington.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 7,665 times
I know you posted this several months ago, but I just saw it and had to respond. I agree with you 100%. I moved to Texas 3 years ago from California. I used to go line dancing 2 times a week and knew at least 50 or more dances. I thought, hey this is Texas, line dancing should be everywhere. The only places I could find are the ones you listed and everything is a variation of the electric slide or boot scootin boogie. For those of us who don't have dancing partners, line dancing is a great way to get out there and dance. If you hear of any places to dance in the San Antonio area, please let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio