Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 02:29 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
My neighbor killed one on his front steps last year (Country Oaks).

I tell my kids to treat all snakes as poisonous - leave 'em alone.
ha ha, I read this, but was thinking about the white van in westcreek thread and thought things were going to get very interesting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 03:01 PM

422 posts, read 1,450,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Is this what it looked like? It should be a Texas Coral Snake, and yes, very strong venom (but they usually flee rather than bite).
Yup, that was the snake we saw.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:31 PM

56 posts, read 169,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
Me and my 2 boys were walking to the park yesterday, and before we got there, we saw a dead coral snake on the side of the road. First time I've seen a venomous snake, all though it was dead. It was about 20 inches in length and had a color pattern of black, yellow, red, yellow, black, yellow, etc... I wish I had my phone to take a picture. So have any of you seen a venomous snake in this area as well? Just curious.
There was a dead coral snake on the bridge near the sportspark back in the fall. Hubby took the kids to see it and tell never to go near one.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:47 PM

I went down Dezarae (or however you spell it) the other day and that other area has a sign on it saying it's private property, so I respected that. It is definitely odd having something like that right there.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:05 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,823,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I went down Dezarae (or however you spell it) the other day and that other area has a sign on it saying it's private property, so I respected that. It is definitely odd having something like that right there.
I bought the Obama Spiderman comic book (1st print, of course) and I got an extra one for you RD! Low print number ...good investment...

Old 01-18-2009, 06:22 PM

314 posts, read 832,405 times
Quote:
My daughter had a friend that lived back there...she told me they lived in Westcreek and had a horse and I thought she was crazy...

It was Kinda weird the first time I went back there.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:29 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFMike View Post
My daughter had a friend that lived back there...she told me they lived in Westcreek and had a horse and I thought she was crazy...

It was Kinda weird the first time I went back there.
The problem with that is when you're driving home and going down Westcreek Oaks or Sage Run, and there are piles of horse manure up and down the street.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:11 AM

so is that where I hear chickens in the morning? and also where the ginormous cows were coming from when the Estates first opened? that was when my wife learned that Longhorns aren't exactly awwwwwwwwwww, they're so cute when you're face to face with them

as far as the comic, that's like the free subscription to aohell they used to keep pushing. Certain things I won't take for free and won't even take if they'll make me money.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:24 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,823,786 times
Quote:
so is that where I hear chickens in the morning? and also where the ginormous cows were coming from when the Estates first opened? that was when my wife learned that Longhorns aren't exactly awwwwwwwwwww, they're so cute when you're face to face with them

as far as the comic, that's like the free subscription to aohell they used to keep pushing. Certain things I won't take for free and won't even take if they'll make me money.
How about Obama toilet paper...like that?

Old 01-19-2009, 07:25 AM

now you are heading in the right direction.. my puppies are already doing their duty on all of the newspapers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio