Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 04:18 PM

9 posts, read 38,413 times

Advertisements

My husband is looking at a field service job or a shop lead technician job around San Antonio for Martin Marietta. I was wondering if people knew where there quarry's were in relation to SA? Also was wondering if anyone knows about how they are to work for? Thanks

Last edited by Juniper117; 02-07-2009 at 04:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 04:37 PM

556 posts, read 2,087,582 times
Juniper - Not sure about all their locations, but I believe they have a quarry near Loop 1604 and NW Military Highway and might well have one near Loop 1604 and O'Connor Road (not for sure who owns this quarry location). Both of these are on the far North central side of the city. Both of these locations will be in high traffic with the Loop during peak work traffic hours. Loop 1604 needs some major upgrades and additional lanes on both sides - particularly in this part of the loop!

I can't help on how they are to work for - hopefully someone will post on that soon!

Good luck to you and your husband! I hope everything works out best for you!

Old 02-07-2009, 05:59 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
There is also a large one outside of 1604 between Bandera and Braun roads...

Cheers! M2

Old 02-07-2009, 06:35 PM

64 posts, read 280,946 times
I used to work for them - 5 years. I loved it! I was in the office though. There are locations at : Off Hwy 211, Main Quarry (1604/Military), Poteet, Kerville, and New Braunfels. There is another location off San Pedro/281, but I do not think they are running right now. These are just the Aggregate locations. Not sure what he is looking for, but they also have Asphalt and Concrete plants at other locations around SA. His best bet is to head over to my old office at 5710 W. Hausman Road #121 to fill out an application at HR. They would be able to tell him what is available and if they are hiring or not.

DM me if you have specific questions. Other than that, a great company to work for and the people that do work for them stay forever!

Old 03-06-2009, 06:28 AM

475 posts, read 1,094,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottnboys View Post
Juniper - Not sure about all their locations, but I believe they have a quarry near Loop 1604 and NW Military Highway...
Does anyone know if they publish a blast schedule so one can find out how often minor earthquakes are felt in the area? I guess one can call them directly, but if someone has a web address, that would be helpful.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:09 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,506,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper117 View Post
My husband is looking at a field service job or a shop lead technician job around San Antonio for Martin Marietta. I was wondering if people knew where there quarry's were in relation to SA? Also was wondering if anyone knows about how they are to work for? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
There is also a large one outside of 1604 between Bandera and Braun roads...

Cheers! M2
No those are Vulcan Materials

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Newbie View Post
I used to work for them - 5 years. I loved it! I was in the office though. There are locations at : Off Hwy 211, Main Quarry (1604/Military), Poteet, Kerville, and New Braunfels. There is another location off San Pedro/281, but I do not think they are running right now. These are just the Aggregate locations. Not sure what he is looking for, but they also have Asphalt and Concrete plants at other locations around SA. His best bet is to head over to my old office at 5710 W. Hausman Road #121 to fill out an application at HR. They would be able to tell him what is available and if they are hiring or not.

DM me if you have specific questions. Other than that, a great company to work for and the people that do work for them stay forever!

I know a few people on the Inside.

As AR said those are the material locatios theres also a buch of Ready Mix divisions all over town. One is inside the Beckman Quarry (1604/Millitary Hwy) one is on hwy 90 along with an asphalt plant. One on the Access road off 410NE exit kirby. And theres one on Nakoma.

here are all the locations I've loaded at:
Beckman Quarry 1604/millitary hwy
211 Quarry (hwy 211)
Scale 5 (281 and well the entrance is on Encino)
Sand Pitt (Poteet hwy 16)
Blacksburg (hwy 90 in blackspurr,tx)
Three Rivers (down by Corpus Christi)
#9 Asphalt (off hwy 90 and 1604)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio