Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 04:46 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,713,148 times

Advertisements

Never understood why people get upset about cops doing their job enforcing the speed limit. If you are driving within legal limits, you have nothing to get all worked up about. They could put the entire SAPD force out on I10 with radar guns...don't matter to me. I drive within the limits and I hope you do too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 04:51 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
omg...yesterday and today cops have been running rampid on I-10...i have seen them both going EB and WB, but mostly WB, going out towards Boerne ---

I am noticing a huge amount of speeding stops, especially between DeZavala and The Rim...yesterday i saw 4 stops on WB I-10, 1 stop on EB I-10...today i saw another 3 stops going WB --- there was only 1 SAPD car, the others are unmarked cars...

Dh says this is a federally funded Step Program aimed at getting speeders under control --- dh says there is the same type of program for drunk drivers...according to dh there are no warnings being givin with this Step Program, everyone stopped is ticketed...

just thought i would pass along the info...
I hate the stupid cops. Once again, you need not look far to see our taxes being wasted to bleed the taxpayers for more $$$.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:37 PM

4,330 posts, read 7,237,536 times
My truck got clipped from behind late on a Sunday morning several years ago by someone who must have thought the expressway was the Autobahn. It immediately spun me around and out of control, slammed me up against the median, flipped me over, and I slid upside-down a few hundred (seemed like a few thousand) feet before coming to a stop. I wasn't serously injured, but my relatively new truck (less than 20K miles) was totaled. I was traveling at the speed limit in a center lane, but I got hit like I was at a standstill.

Ever since then, I have greater respect for the officers working traffic enforcement. I know it's annoying to get a citation for some minor infraction, but flagrant speeding violations can result in serious injuries or fatalities. Few drivers are skilled enough to hande a vehicle at such high speeds.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:26 PM
cwh

345 posts, read 945,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
omg...yesterday and today cops have been running rampid on I-10...i have seen them both going EB and WB, but mostly WB, going out towards Boerne ---

I am noticing a huge amount of speeding stops, especially between DeZavala and The Rim...yesterday i saw 4 stops on WB I-10, 1 stop on EB I-10...today i saw another 3 stops going WB --- there was only 1 SAPD car, the others are unmarked cars...

Dh says this is a federally funded Step Program aimed at getting speeders under control --- dh says there is the same type of program for drunk drivers...according to dh there are no warnings being givin with this Step Program, everyone stopped is ticketed...

just thought i would pass along the info...
A few years ago a cop friend of mind told me that Step means "screw the entire public"

Old 02-15-2009, 07:37 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,488,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
In that area, they *love* to put the radar guy on the UTSA Blvd. overpass pinging outbound drivers. Then they have a line of police cars and motorcycles at the top of the on-ramp there and when the radar guy catches someone, he radios the details of the vehicle to the waiting cops and the first one in line shoots down the ramp to pull-over the scofflaw. One time I saw *5* vehicles pulled-over in the vicinity of the 1604 interchange. I always try to look ahead at the overpass when I go that direction to see if they're there, but it's kinda hidden behind an overhead sign, so it's hard to see until it's too late, which is probably why they love that spot so much.
so that's where they put the radar guy --- i was wondering about that...

Old 02-15-2009, 09:01 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,506,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
they need to concentrate more on the drunks.. I didn't have any problem finding them driving home from the Rodeo last night. They should also concentrate on the people driving under the speed limit. I didn't have any problem finding those idiots either and, believe it or not, most of them were in the left lane.
funny story RD there was a savage cop last night at a bar in broadway. He waited untill some drunk got in his car gave him a few feet after he got on the road and eventually flashed the lights.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:17 AM

2,027 posts, read 7,026,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
In that area, they *love* to put the radar guy on the UTSA Blvd. overpass pinging outbound drivers. Then they have a line of police cars and motorcycles at the top of the on-ramp there and when the radar guy catches someone, he radios the details of the vehicle to the waiting cops and the first one in line shoots down the ramp to pull-over the scofflaw. One time I saw *5* vehicles pulled-over in the vicinity of the 1604 interchange. I always try to look ahead at the overpass when I go that direction to see if they're there, but it's kinda hidden behind an overhead sign, so it's hard to see until it's too late, which is probably why they love that spot so much.
I've seen them do that so many times!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio