Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2007, 04:10 PM

251 posts, read 1,066,490 times

Advertisements

I'm finding some decent deals on hotels around the Sea World, Six Flags and University areas. Are each of the areas clean and safe? If anyone has stayed in any of them, any recommendations?

Sorry for the multiple threads, but I'm getting really excited about this and I'm thinking of questions on the fly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 04:29 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,557,517 times
Default Hotels near Sea World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpie View Post
I'm finding some decent deals on hotels around the Sea World, Six Flags and University areas. Are each of the areas clean and safe? If anyone has stayed in any of them, any recommendations?

Sorry for the multiple threads, but I'm getting really excited about this and I'm thinking of questions on the fly.
Chimpie,
Which hotels are you finding around Sea World? Most of the area in immediate proximity to SW is quite nice and very safe.

Old 03-24-2007, 07:01 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,672,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Chimpie,
Which hotels are you finding around Sea World? Most of the area in immediate proximity to SW is quite nice and very safe.
The Hyatt and Raddison are across SH151 from Sea World.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:47 PM

This is what I've found so far:

Drury Inn - $112/night - 9806 INTERSTATE HWY 10W San Antonio, TX 78240

Comfort Suites - $103/night - 8021 ALAMO DOWNS PARKWAY San Antonio, TX 78238

Everything else is either too expensive or didn't get good reviews, accoriding to Travelocity.com. Again, I'm just looking for a clean, safe place to stay, prefer indoor access to rooms (no motel-like access), doesn't really matter where it is, as I will be traveling all over the city for two days, from Toyota to the far north side of the city, to the Riverwalk and maybe an attraction or two. If anyone has other recommendations I'll be more than happy to listen.

Chimp

Old 03-25-2007, 12:08 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,557,517 times
Neither of these two are close to Sea World, but the Drury Inn is fairly quick access from the airport. I would recommend it over the Comfort Suites, as it will put you in a central location and you'll be able to access most of the areas that you'll be traveling to pretty quickly. Just keep your car doors locked and don't leave anything in your car unless it's in the trunk. The San Antonio Board of Realtors is just down the street from there, and when I've been there for classes and such they always warn folks about not leaving anything of value in cars as there have been lots of thefts. Other than that, I think it's pretty safe, and it doesn't sound like you'll be spending much time there other than sleeping?? wCat's suggestions of places near the airport would really be worth checking out to see if they'd be in your price range, also. Good luck and have a great stay! There's tons to see and do!!

Old 03-25-2007, 02:21 PM

I have no idea where anything is, I'm just going by what they say in their descriptions. While I do always keep my doors locked, your statement concerns me. Would I be better off staying near the airport?

Old 03-26-2007, 06:45 PM

89 posts, read 353,602 times
That drury in is On I10 near wurzbach (its like 3 or 4 years old now)..its around 4 or 5 miles down I10 from six flags. Safe area..its basically in a retail area..so theres not a lot of housin around..

The comfort suites would be the one near seaworld...Its next to a business park...so also not a lot of housing around..If i had to pick i would pick the drury (im bias i live near by lol) but either one would be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio