Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,952 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I have been reading posts on here and have seen that everyone is really informed and helpful so what a great place for my question!

My husband and I have decided to look into extra work for buffer money in case either one of us loses our jobs and I have considered direct sales. My question is, how well do Pampered Chef, Silpada and the likes do here in SA? In the north these business are all over...which makes it hard to make a living when everything is so saturated with 'representatives'. Before I make the investment I would love to hear everyone's opinions. AND if you know of 'representatives' that I can contact, that would be great too!

Thanks in advance!!!

{moderator note}If you have information to share, reply to this member using the Direct Message feature.

Last edited by Bo; 03-19-2009 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: Added note for the OP's benefit, since the thread is closed.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:47 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,142 times
jayandi, I've been directly or indirectly involved with both companies you've mentioned. My *personal* opinion is that both companies are fairly saturated in SA. Additionally, since quite a bit of SA families are 2 income families, you will find that you would be doing mostly weekend parties as a rep. I'll send you a dm with more info.

Good luck in your decision!

Old 03-09-2009, 12:57 AM

571 posts, read 1,932,618 times
Are those the type like Avon? I'm not sure about in SA but here in L.A. there is a pretty good market for it because hispanics love it and the way they network makes "representatives" an actually effective way to market and sell.. my MIL always got the spanish-language catalogs from co-workers and her and her friends and co-workers always bought through them..

Old 03-09-2009, 06:44 AM

667 posts, read 1,567,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
jayandi, I've been directly or indirectly involved with both companies you've mentioned. My *personal* opinion is that both companies are fairly saturated in SA. Additionally, since quite a bit of SA families are 2 income families, you will find that you would be doing mostly weekend parties as a rep. I'll send you a dm with more info.

Good luck in your decision!
I agree. I have also been involved. They do seem to be everywhere. As well as Partylite, Gold Canyon and Avon.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 AM

116 posts, read 353,018 times
I did a lot of research regarding those as well and ended up with a company called Tastefully Simple - which is a gourmet food company that does home based taste testing parties. Sent you a DM with more information. We are definitely not the norm as in we are not saturated here in San Antonio, or even Texas for that matter!

Old 03-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
Sadly, this thread is attracting too many posts that violate the TOS prohibition on advertising. That is why it is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio