Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 04:41 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
I don't think they were tourists...sounds like locals that work out of state and came "home" for the summer.
Or resent transplants bringing their Florida driving to SA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 04:56 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
I spent over five years travelling for work. I'd fly out on Sunday and home to SA on Thursday. Armed with little more than an address and a map from the rental car company, I would drive said rental car from the airport to the hotel, then from the hotel to work. I had no more idea where I was going than the man in the moon. All I did was follow the directions and glance at the map.

All this to tell you I have WAY more sympathy for bad drivers with out of state plates/rental cars than I do for people with Texas plates.

I followed some moron - with Texas plates in a vehicle from a San Antonio dealership - yesterday morning from Fredericksburg, down Wurzbach, to Cody library and the dumbass didn't user her blinker ONE TIME. She did manage to cut me off twice because she didn't turn on her blinker but merged in front of me.

I seriously considered confronting her as we both pulled into the parking lot at the library but then decided I didn't want to get my ass kicked. I also considered leaving a note, but yeah, chickened out.

Four little kids in the car and she's slinging around town not bothering to use her blinker. Idiot.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:14 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,246,257 times
we need a subforum for sa drivers.. lol

Old 07-12-2009, 05:53 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Ditto on those folks going to Lackland AFB especially for the commencement ceremonies on Saturday morning. Folks from out of town completely blocking the intersection because they had a green light. I think they should have a military staff person out there to prevent this from happening on these days.
The other instance I see is folks trying to get into Wilford Hall and exit Old Hwy 90 and the traffic is already backup so they tend to get in the way of traffic that is really trying to get onto Old Hwy 90 or trying to merge onto 90 East towards downtown.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:26 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,506,025 times
well yeah, I was ranting, but I was also vventing three close calls, and not a scratch, although I am still bothered that one little slip and lots of people pay the price, good thing I envelop my smith/SVG System (yes I made it better ) when driving, or else I would of been on the KSAT News on Friday Interviewing and Apologizing to the driver's familes of whom my friend and I would of Killed. I'll be honest, its hard stopping a rig within 100-200 ft, so Please I urge you give the trucks some room, It wouldnt of been pretty, but thank god for my Heoric handling of the situation :b LOL but seriously...

Old 07-12-2009, 06:41 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Ditto on those folks going to Lackland AFB especially for the commencement ceremonies on Saturday morning. Folks from out of town completely blocking the intersection because they had a green light. I think they should have a military staff person out there to prevent this from happening on these days.
The other instance I see is folks trying to get into Wilford Hall and exit Old Hwy 90 and the traffic is already backup so they tend to get in the way of traffic that is really trying to get onto Old Hwy 90 or trying to merge onto 90 East towards downtown.
If you are talking about the basic training graduations, those are held on Friday mornings, not Saturdays.

Secondly, unless there is an accident the Air Force "Security Forces" (police) do not have any jurisdiction on Military Highway, it would require city, county or DPS offices to control traffic flow off-base.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:23 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
If it's not the commencement ceremonies, it must be something else going on ceremony wise because this past Saturday, there was a crazy amount of vehicles entering the Visitors gate on Military with tons of out of state plates, families piled up in cars, etc.
I think there needs to be a better job of traffic flow out there for those confused folks so they don't cause accidents and block the intersection for the people such as myself who live in the area.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:05 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
I spent over five years travelling for work. I'd fly out on Sunday and home to SA on Thursday. Armed with little more than an address and a map from the rental car company, I would drive said rental car from the airport to the hotel, then from the hotel to work. I had no more idea where I was going than the man in the moon. All I did was follow the directions and glance at the map.
When you go to those cities... do you drive on the left lane of the highway while trying to find your way around the city?

That's my biggest complain,
I understand people not knowing the city, but for God's sake, don't block the left lane of the highway.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:26 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Had some idiot with Missouri tags fly by me this morning on the 410 access road heading south to 90 this morning, obviously he was late for work and thought that he would risk everyone's lives by passing as many cars as he could before cutting back at the last second and across a sold line at well over the speed limit. And yes, he was in uniform...

In case that person happens to read this, you had better hope you kill me if you run into me; because if you don't, I am going to crawl out of the carnage you created and kick your friggin' butt!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:08 AM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
When you go to those cities... do you drive on the left lane of the highway while trying to find your way around the city?

That's my biggest complain,
I understand people not knowing the city, but for God's sake, don't block the left lane of the highway.
Ha. No. Never.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio