Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 01:26 AM

2 posts, read 5,008 times

Advertisements

Hi, Help me too--moving to SCHERTZ and have neighborhood ?s Hello everyone~~~
I'm new too and need some suggestions/explanations on possible neighborhoods to move to in the Schertz/Cibolo area. I don't want to buy/live in the newly constructed subdivisions. I'm more in the low-key, quiet vein and want something similar in a neighborhood. Google has been no help, and I want to meet with my realtor soon and want to be prepared with ideas.

Please describe and name specific neighborhoods that you~~presumably residents~~think would appeal to me. It has to be a better neighborhood (to 175,000). I don't want to feel unsafe or feel like my property value is a major question in the next few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 06:24 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybetomorrow View Post
Hi, Help me too--moving to SCHERTZ and have neighborhood ?s Hello everyone~~~
I'm new too and need some suggestions/explanations on possible neighborhoods to move to in the Schertz/Cibolo area. I don't want to buy/live in the newly constructed subdivisions. I'm more in the low-key, quiet vein and want something similar in a neighborhood. Google has been no help, and I want to meet with my realtor soon and want to be prepared with ideas.

Please describe and name specific neighborhoods that you~~presumably residents~~think would appeal to me. It has to be a better neighborhood (to 175,000). I don't want to feel unsafe or feel like my property value is a major question in the next few years.
Here you go...good luck.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...index-san.html

Old 11-30-2009, 09:36 PM

19 posts, read 78,053 times
Hi,

I used to live in Forest Ridge subdivision which is right behind HEB on I-35 and 3009. This is not a new subdivision (which you preferred) but not too old either. It is about 8-9 years old, gated community, quiet yet friendly, family-oriented, and good neighbors who look out for each other. I moved to Schertz to start a family so school, housing price, property tax, traffic, driving distant... were all in my equation and it satisfied all of my criteria. If not for being closer to my folks, I would never want to move. I can never go wrong with Schertz which is rated top 100 cities to live in US. Good luck

Old 12-01-2009, 07:11 AM

73 posts, read 229,238 times
My family lives in the Ashley Place subdivision. It is about 12 years old. Our house was built in 1997, and back then, the neighborhood was pretty much brand-spanking-new. Schertz is a very safe area and there are amenities galore, like shopping, city services, parks, good schools (SCUCISD), and more. Schertz and Cibolo are home to many military families, especially Air Force and Army due to the proximity of Randolph AFB and Fort Sam Houston. These military families are often moving in and out due to PCS. This means many homes are on the market for sale or lease. Best of all, property taxes are lower compared to living in San Antonio or Bexar County since Schertz and Cibolo are in Guadalupe County. Property values have been going up recently due to improvements in the area like the Schertz Parkway widening, new library and community center construction, and so on. The best thing to do would be to contact a local realtor or even just drive around the area and check it out for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio