Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 01:39 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,054,000 times

Advertisements

Old thread...

Good thing I am not your SA neighbor.... I have 35 cars and a lot of BIG trucks. When I drive another semi load of cars home, my neighbor twists his head and hand off shaking them at me. I think I will build a fence between us using wrecked cars. Carhenge ® | of Alliance, Nebraska

My neighbor to the south has over 300 cars out in his pasture, I find that to be handy when I need some parts, or something interesting to explore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 01:48 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Old thread...

Good thing I am not your SA neighbor.... I have 35 cars and a lot of BIG trucks. When I drive another semi load of cars home, my neighbor twists his head and hand off shaking them at me. I think I will build a fence between us using wrecked cars. Carhenge ® | of Alliance, Nebraska

My neighbor to the south has over 300 cars out in his pasture, I find that to be handy when I need some parts, or something interesting to explore.
Do you have cars on your beachfront property in Arizonia too?

Old 04-06-2016, 03:07 AM

102 posts, read 128,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmadd View Post
I wouldn't care how judgemental it is. I have the Same problem if not even worse. I would refer to them as something different and you probably wouldn't like that either. I live in a cul-de-sac and everyday I can barely get thru to get to my house on the end. They are parked on both sides of the street all the way down. They leave their car doors opened blocking the middle or they just sit there in the middle of the street waiting for about a dozen kids to pop out or in the car. They have sat there just looking at me like I'm playing chicken or something and refuse to budge. Yes I have called the police numerous times as well as my neighbor across the street. Doesn't help at all. Probably cause the officer was Hispanic and they were having a quinceanera (a big party for 15 yr old girls),they probably invited her over too, or gave her a plate of fajitas and beans. Either way it's soooooo agrivating. They have the bumping music on all night. Again officers come out and say they gave them a warning and for me to call back if it's still loud. Of course I did. Still nothing changed. I could see them carrying beer around the side of the house, a drunk guy passed out in front. This is the most rediculous problem ever. All the houses on my block are single homes. I looked it up. They have about 20 ppl in one house. I took a picture of them when they all came our when they saw me taking pics of how they was in violation parking backwards and in the grass and ect. My daughter said they looked like a pile of ants and got scared and said they're probably going to retaliate against us.
I don't have to tell you who I'm voting for........
Are you voting for bernie sanders?

Old 04-06-2016, 05:11 AM

3 posts, read 3,231 times
I was originally just searching what can or cannot be done about some of the things and this popped up. It actually says Texas and my zip code where I was at. But it's just info. Just shows the problems exist all over just different city regulations.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:07 AM

11 posts, read 19,287 times
What really seems odd is that when I first moved here they enforced the deed restriction regarding no parking on streets (or like you said a holiday. Would you be upset if there were more than 400 cars parked on the street and we only 1500 homes.
This county roads and I am wondering what to do. They are a deed violation in our subdivision? We have nine extra police on duty and we have a lot of children in this area. One thing is that the street numbers are required to be painted on the street but an ambulance cannot see the address with all these cars. I am not telling anyone how to live, but this a situation beyond a few having their vehicle on the street. Would you want to live on a city block and have at least 20 cars on each street. This is not a wealthy neighborhood and I know there are more than one family living in them. We also have halfway houses now which is a new thing, but we are talking about mental patients who wander into neighbors homes and garages begging for money, candy, etc. I have nothing against people who are trying to cope with their problems, but it seems there are some who are not safe to have as a neighbor (10 people in one house and one person as a care person. Would you want them wandering into your home uninvited?

Old 10-06-2017, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,054 times
I have a neighbor, five houses down, that bought four new Ford F150's, has some older trucks, Vans, SUV's, and they are parked in the driveway, and down the street. Is there any limit to numbers of cars, residents may have? Within the last year, there are about two cars, per household, parked on the street. I live in a NC neighborhood, that has not had this issue, until recently. I can't imagine, anyone would purchase a house, in a neighborhood, with excessive cars on the street, so it devalues, the neighborhood. I don't believe in excessive regulation of HOA's but its issues like this, that require intervention.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:42 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeilaLouise View Post
I have a neighbor, five houses down, that bought four new Ford F150's, has some older trucks, Vans, SUV's, and they are parked in the driveway, and down the street. Is there any limit to numbers of cars, residents may have? Within the last year, there are about two cars, per household, parked on the street. I live in a NC neighborhood, that has not had this issue, until recently. I can't imagine, anyone would purchase a house, in a neighborhood, with excessive cars on the street, so it devalues, the neighborhood. I don't believe in excessive regulation of HOA's but its issues like this, that require intervention.
I doubt there's any ordinance at the city level that will help you, but it's probably worth calling 311 and explaining the situation to an operator there.

You mentioned an HOA in the last sentence. Does your neighborhood have a mandatory HOA? If it does, check with the manager or management company whether any deed restrictions apply.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:41 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,935 times
This issue drove us crazy when we lived there! NEVER had that issue in the other seven states we have lived in, either! It seems to be culturally acceptable in SA. Garages are for storage apparently.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:18 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
Again, why are so many people complaining? Streets are for PARKING. Be grateful that you can actually find parking, unlike in Manhattan! Sheeeesh! Ridiculous!

If someone wants to keep a bunch of cars, what are you gonna do? Make them sell the cars?! I thought this was a free country.

Old 11-24-2017, 12:26 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,049,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Again, why are so many people complaining? Streets are for PARKING. Be grateful that you can actually find parking, unlike in Manhattan! Sheeeesh! Ridiculous!

If someone wants to keep a bunch of cars, what are you gonna do? Make them sell the cars?! I thought this was a free country.
Well, this is a San Antonio TX forum so WE DON'T live in Manhattan....different area...different circumstances....different complaints.

If you are house/lot hunting, you have the option of not choosing that particular area based on the number of cars parked on the street. But say you already live in a neighborhood, and the amount of cars parked on the streets increases year by year, your only option is to MOVE (that is what is great about living a free country like you say). That was one of the many reasons why we moved from our last subdivision...we foresaw the downward spiral and decreasing property values early on thank God. I don't want to look out my front door and see the neighbor's always dirty F-350 work truck parked in front of my house because his driveway is full of toys and lawn chairs. I live in a free country so I had that option to MOVE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio