Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 12:06 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,869 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good tattoo studio ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 01:53 PM

26 posts, read 113,475 times
Can you please explain to me why you would want a tattoo? Seriously, I honestly don't understand the idea of people wanting a tattoo? Help me out on this one. What am I missing about tattoos? Especially when I see them on women.
Thanks!

Old 05-26-2007, 04:09 PM

This time it isnt actually for me but yes I do have 2 and as in everything else it is personal preference. Just because someone has tattoos does not mean they look like a biker, in fact myself and several other women I know hold very high respectable jobs.
I take it you cannot recommend a good tattooist !!!

Old 05-26-2007, 04:10 PM

351 posts, read 1,585,298 times
Hi,

Go to the 99.5 Kiss website; kissrocks . com . There are some ads on there for some good tatoos.

I got mine at Bike Week in Phukett, Thailand last year and I love them.

To answer the above question: I got mine to remind me of my life changing experiences in Thailand, Dubai, and Baghdad. I will never be the same and I wanted to comemorate my experiences with a permanent piece of artwork. I also spent quite a bit of time in Buddhist temples and have read several books on Buddihism. It affected me positively even though I am a Christian I incorporated the yin/yang symbol into my tatoo to symbolize for me the juxtaposition of life. For every bad thing that has happened to me in my lifetime, there has been some good. It is a very personal representation about some of the experiences I have had; my fiancee' dying in my arms May 21rst, 2001, three knee surgeries in three years, graduating with a college degree at 35 yrs old to getting my first well paying job here in Baghdad and traveling the world. Being an ex-pat has done nothing but provide positives in my life and I wanted to remember them in a very personal way. That is why I got my Tats

crazedchef

Old 05-26-2007, 09:16 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
If I got a tattoo I would want to go "downtown" somewhere. Like you would see in a movie or TV show. There is actually a tattoo shop downtown across from the Alamo (perpendicular to the street in front of the Alamo). But I can't really recommend it because I don't much about tattoos.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:37 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,429,021 times
Actually, I have heard a lot of tattoo artists say that Weldon at Mr. Lucky's on St. Mary's is the best in town. When your competition is recommending you as the best, there's something to it. I know that he doesn't do any flash tattoos. Only original designs.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:39 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,429,021 times
And to HandyIT...who cares? Get worked up over something that affects you.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:51 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,243,535 times
VooDoo on Aransas Ave.

Old 05-27-2007, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedchef View Post
Hi,

Go to the 99.5 Kiss website; kissrocks . com . There are some ads on there for some good tatoos.

I got mine at Bike Week in Phukett, Thailand last year and I love them.

To answer the above question: I got mine to remind me of my life changing experiences in Thailand, Dubai, and Baghdad. I will never be the same and I wanted to comemorate my experiences with a permanent piece of artwork. I also spent quite a bit of time in Buddhist temples and have read several books on Buddihism. It affected me positively even though I am a Christian I incorporated the yin/yang symbol into my tatoo to symbolize for me the juxtaposition of life. For every bad thing that has happened to me in my lifetime, there has been some good. It is a very personal representation about some of the experiences I have had; my fiancee' dying in my arms May 21rst, 2001, three knee surgeries in three years, graduating with a college degree at 35 yrs old to getting my first well paying job here in Baghdad and traveling the world. Being an ex-pat has done nothing but provide positives in my life and I wanted to remember them in a very personal way. That is why I got my Tats

crazedchef
Understand what you are saying.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM

26 posts, read 113,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
And to HandyIT...who cares? Get worked up over something that affects you.
You're Right! Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: