Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 04:58 PM

180 posts, read 793,857 times

Advertisements

We haven't bought furniture in a store in a very long time. Here lately it's been Craigslist but a couch is something I would rather buy new.
Any recommendations for a place to go to get good quality and good price? I was kinda hoping there would be some Memorial Day sales coming up.
If you've had a really bad experience you can PM me about that too. It is nice to know where to avoid as well.
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 09:51 AM

163 posts, read 311,346 times
www.sanmarcosdecor.com sells the usual rooms-to-go quality at decent prices. They can direct you to a catalog with far more products than what's shown on their website.

Also, I noticed recently on craigslist that some dealer reps are selling "overstock" leather sectionals at what they claim are over 50% reductions. Here's one example: RANCH STYLE FULL TOP GRAIN LEATHER SET (http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/fud/1742922337.html - broken link)

Old 05-19-2010, 09:59 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
Have you checked out BEL Furniture , the fastest growing furniture company in Houston, Texas (http://www.belfurniture.com/san_antonio.html? - broken link) It is in the 410/151 area where it used to be a Wal Mart. It says Houston but they have various locations.
My dad got a really nice leather sofa for $400. He had to wait for it to be shipped from Houston but worth it.
Delivery prices are awful though ($100) so if you would rather not pay that fee, you can always do a Uhaul and pick it up yourself and see if its cheaper that way. We did the uhaul because we (husband and me) were picking up my parents old couches for our home and taking them to our apartment for the meantime.
Good luck!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:24 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,236 times
Have you tried the Pottery Barn outlet in San Marcos? There are some really good deals to be had in there and you might find a leather sectional or couch for a nice discount...

Old 05-20-2010, 01:36 PM

180 posts, read 793,857 times
Thanks everyone- repp'd you all, really appreciate your replies and help!

Inventurous- how often do the sales change at that sanmarcosdecor place? I saw a set that was nice, of course, it is not one on sale right now though.

skeet09- I have heard about BEL, had planned to check it out. Don't know if I like the delivery charge they will tack on, (thanks for the warning!) but I guess if we find something cheap enough, we don't need it right away. I've seen that CL ad, and other dealers on there lately, alright.

TheOriginalMrsX- I haven't been to the PB Outlet yet. Wouldn't mind going! Do they deliver or would we have to bring a truck if we found something we like, do you know?

Old 05-20-2010, 07:56 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,398 times
You can't go wrong with Haverty's.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:14 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,236 times
I think you have to bring your own truck but it is still better than paying a high delivery fee dependent on some companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by did0c View Post
Thanks everyone- repp'd you all, really appreciate your replies and help!

Inventurous- how often do the sales change at that sanmarcosdecor place? I saw a set that was nice, of course, it is not one on sale right now though.

skeet09- I have heard about BEL, had planned to check it out. Don't know if I like the delivery charge they will tack on, (thanks for the warning!) but I guess if we find something cheap enough, we don't need it right away. I've seen that CL ad, and other dealers on there lately, alright.

TheOriginalMrsX- I haven't been to the PB Outlet yet. Wouldn't mind going! Do they deliver or would we have to bring a truck if we found something we like, do you know?

Old 07-14-2010, 03:27 PM

163 posts, read 311,346 times
Whoops! Just realized you'd posted a follow-up... In case you're still looking, I'd suggest calling them, they have access to a much larger selection than what is on their site and can probably direct you to a more comprehensive catalog (I forgot the name of the other site). Good luck!

Old 07-20-2010, 01:13 AM

1 posts, read 3,039 times
Try using Google Products search. It retrieves results from every store on the web plus it gives you the prices from each store so it makes it really easy to compare.

I found a few articles that might be helpful, they each have a lot of good advice and a list of popular models to look for.

Sectional Couches for Sale

Corner Sofas for Sale

Cheap Sofas for Sale

Hopefully you can find a nice cheap sectional that's not too crappy! Good luck!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:50 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Motif
Ethan Allen
Basset
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio