Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2014, 10:17 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina0125 View Post
They are seriously crazy. I've told them to stop harassing us and they told us "we're not harassing you, harassing is being rude and yelling at you guys" they come to my house every single time a car is parked in front of their house and bring their rude attitude and accuse us so I guess they're delusional for not calling that harassment.
The city owns that house, the previous owner of that house just left the house and the city just let people rent it. I've called the city and they told us it was our problem and we have to talk to the neighbors ourselves, but we have a crazy neighbor that's obsessed with their claim of parking spot that won't stop harassing us. We decided to just ignore them.
What city do you live in that owns homes like this? Can someone buy the home from the city?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 10:23 AM

Now that I saw the picture and zoomed out to see the garages I would just park in the back and forget the fight with the neighbors. Heck some of those homes have torn up back yards anyway. Take down the fence, put in a gate and park in the back yard if you have to. I noticed that some people actually do park in the back as it is. maybe these were not designed as homes where you park in the front.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:45 PM

486 posts, read 832,311 times
My parents own a house on a corner lot and would fight the neighbor a lot for parking. One neighbor had 7 cars but only two drives. Others had motorhomes which got used maybe once a year. Even a huge boat on a trailer was parked in front of the house.

He finally fixed the problem by widened the driveway by adding brick so he would just park the second car on his own property.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:56 PM

I am one of those people that does not like it when someone parks right in front of our house. We can fit a couple cars in front of our home. We kind of like having the space closest to the driveway available to us. If people want to park in front of our home that is fine as long as they leave that space closest to our driveway open. We do have a long L shaped driveway though, but it is only wide enough at the street for one car to enter. As it turns in toward the garage it is wider, we have a 2 car garage but it does not face the street. In a couple years we will tear out the driveway and build a larger one, taking the yard space closest to the property line, which will double the width of our driveway. Then I won't care as much.

Old 12-19-2014, 01:16 PM

16 posts, read 31,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Couldn't you just park in the garage?
Yeah, we do park in the back of the garage (garage is kinda small, so fits our family car) We also park in the front because we have 3 cars now. We're not claiming to park in front of my house (neighbor does), whatever is available to us.

Old 12-19-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
I am one of those people that does not like it when someone parks right in front of our house. We can fit a couple cars in front of our home. We kind of like having the space closest to the driveway available to us. If people want to park in front of our home that is fine as long as they leave that space closest to our driveway open. We do have a long L shaped driveway though, but it is only wide enough at the street for one car to enter. As it turns in toward the garage it is wider, we have a 2 car garage but it does not face the street. In a couple years we will tear out the driveway and build a larger one, taking the yard space closest to the property line, which will double the width of our driveway. Then I won't care as much.
Yeah, that's good. I don't like neighbors who take their parking space so seriously that they'll have to come knocking on our door each time. That's good news for the renovation of your neighborhood street. I wish they did something about this darn neighborhood though

Old 12-19-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
What city do you live in that owns homes like this? Can someone buy the home from the city?
I'm not sure if anyone can buy these homes from the city. The rent is already so expensive o,o
It was intentionally for low income families but families have left the homes and the city had to make it for rent to others.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tina0125 View Post

What should I do if they keep doing this to us? I called the cops, they did nothing about it. And moving isn't an option.
There's nothing anyone really can do about this. This is a civil dispute and unless it gets criminal, the police aren't going to get involved. As the parking area is public, your neighbors can't compel you to do anything. I recommend that you stop answering the door when they come over. And if they approach you when you're outside just say, "I have nothing to say," and keep walking.

Or, you could tell them to take a hike and from then onwards just repeat, "No English, no English...!!" smile, and scurry away.

That's what my Mom does to irritants - she's Asian, too.

[that'll grind 'em ]

Old 12-19-2014, 06:50 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,470,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Get a Doberman and tie it to the doorbell.
This in my opinion is always a good idea. But better tie it to something more sturdy.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
There's nothing anyone really can do about this. This is a civil dispute and unless it gets criminal, the police aren't going to get involved. As the parking area is public, your neighbors can't compel you to do anything. I recommend that you stop answering the door when they come over. And if they approach you when you're outside just say, "I have nothing to say," and keep walking.

Or, you could tell them to take a hike and from then onwards just repeat, "No English, no English...!!" smile, and scurry away.

That's what my Mom does to irritants - she's Asian, too.

[that'll grind 'em ]
Lol, I know the city or police can't do anything.
We won't answer the door anymore, they're very rude and annoying. Haha! I will do that when I see them. Thanks! As a matter of fact, I bet they'll ring the doorbell again tonight since there's a car parked in front of their house -_-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties