Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 12:47 PM

2 posts, read 15,262 times

Advertisements

Twinkle toes,
Thank you so much on that.The last time I stayed in Palm Desert was 20+ years ago on business at JW Marriot Palm Desert in Palm Springs. I have check it out online and it is alittle price. We plan to go to the Air Museum, Living Zoo. But, we might now go in March/April cause, we want to go out and enjoy the Desert. Going during Easter Break Might be better. I did spend the summer out there on business and remember I didn't get a chance to enjoy the resort. They had Features JW Marriort Palm Desert on TV. So, it just clicked what a great trip to go back to.We are flying in from NYC.
Do you have Trader Joes out there and Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Wendys? And Jack in the Box? I remember going there for lunch. What Dept stores like Kohls or Wal-mart stores to shop at if I forget anything.
Best Regards,
Megannee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 05:36 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Hi Megannee,

Yes, we have Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and Jack in the Box, but please tell me those aren't the reasons you're coming for a vacation! We also have Kohls and Walmart. But you're going to want to check out all the COOL stuff! Like the shops on El Paseo, or Palm Canyon, or some of the many, many fine dining establishments we have here in the desert!

The earlier you get here, the better the weather is going to be. March/April will be NICE! April, the temps start creeping up - but not over 90 degrees.

The JW Marriott Resort (Desert Springs) is in Palm Desert. Marriott also has a resort in Rancho Mirage across from The River on Bob Hope Drive that has a mini-theme park called "Splashtopia" that your 12 year old may enjoy. OH ..... and I almost forgot!!! Knott's Soak City in Palm Springs. A giant water park that your child is going to LOVE! My kids go there almost every day (they have season passes).

The Living Desert is in Palm Desert, up Portola Ave. That is always enjoyable for the whole family, and the Palm Springs Air Museum, like you said - a great place to learn about history and be in a COOL place to escape the heat.

If you like to hike the desert has a variety of great hiking trails, but best to go during winter or early spring to avoid the heat. There's also a Wild Bird Center in Indio, but they are only open in the mornings. Being a "bird person" (I have four parrots) i always like checking out who's new over there.

f I can think of anything else, I'll post it. Right now, I gotta get ready fpr Father's Day dinner!

Old 06-20-2010, 05:47 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,437,282 times
Take the tramway up after dark, go stand out on the patio connected to the restaurant and wait for the raccoons to come inspect you

Old 06-20-2010, 05:53 PM

The TRAM! I totally forgot about the Tram in Palm Springs!!! I've personally never been because I'm afraid of heights, but everyone who has gone (my husband and kids) say it's a lot of fun.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Take the tramway up after dark, go stand out on the patio connected to the restaurant and wait for the raccoons to come inspect you
Ha! You beat me to it!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 05:57 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Hi Megannee,

Yes, we have Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and Jack in the Box, but please tell me those aren't the reasons you're coming for a vacation!
Are you sure about the Dunkins?

By the way, a bag of Jack in the Box tacos are worth a round trip ticket to those of us who are addicted to them and have been so since childhood. So there. Nyeah.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Are you sure about the Dunkins?

By the way, a bag of Jack in the Box tacos are worth a round trip ticket to those of us who are addicted to them and have been so since childhood. So there. Nyeah.
Nyeah! Yeah, there's a Dunkin on 111 and Date Palm in Cat City. That's the only one I know of around here. I don't eat that stuff (ok, ok, I will cop to a Winchell's glazed about every 6 months!)

Old 06-20-2010, 07:35 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Yeah baybee, Winchell's. The doughnuts of my yoot. Well, those and The Big Donut in Inglewood, now known as Randy's.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:59 AM

130 posts, read 291,750 times
Default electricity again..

[ Imperial Irrigation District is cheaper than Edison. Rancho Mirage is on IID and Indian Wells is on Edison.

Do you know where the IID district starts in Rancho Mirage? I know it starts on the east side of Washington to the east of Palm Desert but where does it start to the west of palm desert?

Old 12-28-2011, 04:31 PM

286 posts, read 678,236 times
Meganee,
Should you bring sunscreen to the BEAUTIFUL DESERT? Surely you jest.
My question to anyone who has absolutely less than nothing to do is the following.I live alone with my German Shephard in Scottsdale,Az.I love it...sunshine etc.The phoneys do get to me but,
since my ex-wife took off with a younger man and over $3 million of my money/ 2yr marriage.I want a change of scenery-I must.Indian Wells is lovely and I know SoCal desert but I wonder if there are the same acutely strange people co mingling with the normal as there were in years past.Furnace Creek
for instance in1987...well I could write a book about three weirdos who were planning a kidnapping,but...! I should live in Iowa but...I am checkingIndian Wells for a very tiny place.Any thing that I should know would be appreciated. Did this post make any sense at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties