Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 10:53 PM

285 posts, read 377,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfslaw View Post
You are an irresponsible poster to this forum. People come here with legitimate questions. You provide your own biased commentary to the vast majority of your posts. Your posts have been rambling and misleading. So far your posts have created confusion that does not reflect the folks perspective on the Coachella Valley that post here regularly that I respect. Get a life!
You are making generalities without specifics. Specifics, please, every single one. Otherwise I cannot respond to a general statement such as this one. My commentary is not biased, as I used to have a place there and know the various issues quite well in both sides of Riverside County. Given the poor city management, mayoral resignation, which started just after I left, including the ongoing FBI investigation, I would be very cautious about recommending that anyone move to the area, unless they know the issues and have the specific knowledge of how to protect their private property from break ins. The police force should be doubled, all homeless and drug addicts should be picked up and sent for rehab, and the city should return to the greatness that it once had.

But you are dealing with Liberals running the city, who seem to think its OK to have the homeless running lose. But there are a few gay (and straight) Republicans, but they tend to gravitate more towards the gay communities in Las Vegas and Scottsdale, for tax purposes. Or, they live in Temecula.

Last edited by theoaks; 04-23-2016 at 11:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 11:22 PM

581 posts, read 921,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoaks View Post
You are making generalities without specifics. Specifics, please, every single one. Otherwise I cannot respond to a general statement such as this one. My commentary is not biased, as I used to have a place there and know the various issues quite well in both sides of Riverside County. Given the poor city management, mayoral resignation, which started just after I left, including the ongoing FBI investigation, I would be very cautious about recommending that anyone move to the area, unless they know the issues and have the specific knowledge of how to protect their private property from break ins. The police force should be doubled, all homeless and drug addicts should be picked up and sent for rehab, and the city should return to the greatness that it once had.

But you are dealing with Liberals running the city, who seem to think its OK to have the homeless running lose. But there are a few gay (and straight) Republicans, but they tend to gravitate more towards the gay communities in Las Vegas and Scottsdale, for tax purposes. Or, they live in Temecula.
Thanks for proving me right! This post is a prime example of your ramblings!

Old 04-23-2016, 11:27 PM

Mr. Murphy, you might have direct lineage to Leon Murphy who served our country and for which Audie Murphy's Resort is named in Menifee, on the "other" side of the county

Audie Murphy Ranch, new homes for sale in Menifee, CA.

Just because one may have run on sentences (which is common on discussion forums) does not constitute a rambling, provided that the information presented is coherent and understandable.

It is concerning that the investigation has not closed,

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/...ects/79140068/

Wessmann, runs the town, always has, but has made a few errors of judgement in recent years as have certain city councilors.

FBI probe into Palm Springs includes Wessman projects

Agents seized items related to downtown developer last fall

Agents collected documents regarding Wessman Development projects in their September raid.
Revelation expands scope of investigation beyond former Palm Springs Mayor Steve Pougnet and Richard Meaney.

An agreement with Wessman Holdings and emails sent by Palm Springs’ city manager about fees paid to the city’s largest developer, John Wessman, were among items seized by the FBI during a sweep of offices in Palm Springs and Southern California.

Federal agents with an anti-public corruption task force in the U.S. Attorney’s Central California office collected emails, agreements and development files for the $350 million downtown redevelopment project, a centerpiece of former Palm Springs Mayor Steve Pougnet’s political campaigns and public initiatives.

Agents also seized at least eight specific items linked to Richard Meaney, a private developer, Wessman business associate and Nexus Development principal who paid the mayor more than $200,000 . . .

Old 04-24-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Mr. Murphy, you might have direct lineage to Leon Murphy who served our country and for which Audie Murphy's Resort is named in Menifee, on the "other" side of the county

Audie Murphy Ranch, new homes for sale in Menifee, CA.

Just because one may have run on sentences (which is common on discussion forums) does not constitute a rambling, provided that the information presented is coherent and understandable.

It is concerning that the investigation has not closed,

Wessmann, runs the town, always has, but has made a few errors of judgement in recent years as have certain city councilors.

Agents seized items related to downtown developer last fall

Agents collected documents regarding Wessman Development projects in their September raid.
Revelation expands scope of investigation beyond former Palm Springs Mayor Steve Pougnet and Richard Meaney.

An agreement with Wessman Holdings and emails sent by Palm Springs’ city manager about fees paid to the city’s largest developer, John Wessman, were among items seized by the FBI during a sweep of offices in Palm Springs and Southern California.

Federal agents with an anti-public corruption task force in the U.S. Attorney’s Central California office collected emails, agreements and development files for the $350 million downtown redevelopment project, a centerpiece of former Palm Springs Mayor Steve Pougnet’s political campaigns and public initiatives.

Agents also seized at least eight specific items linked to Richard Meaney, a private developer, Wessman business associate and Nexus Development principal who paid the mayor more than $200,000 . . .
A conspiracy for sure. Who really shot JFK huh?

Old 04-24-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfslaw View Post
A conspiracy for sure. Who really shot JFK huh?
No conspiracy but many resort towns in the southwest have these sorts of giveaways, i.e. Scottsdale . . . Nevada is like this, too . . . as I heard from an IRS investigator . . . It just comes with the territory . . . Wessmann and council made some errors in judgement, but hopefully will just have to pay some fines and not have any jail time, I mean, Wessmann is in his late 70's and the ex-Mayor has children . . .

Last edited by theoaks; 04-24-2016 at 11:19 PM..

Old 04-25-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
No conspiracy but many resort towns in the southwest have these sorts of giveaways, i.e. Scottsdale . . . Nevada is like this, too . . . as I heard from an IRS investigator . . . It just comes with the territory . . . Wessmann and council made some errors in judgement, but hopefully will just have to pay some fines and not have any jail time, I mean, Wessmann is in his late 70's and the ex-Mayor has children . . .
And the conspiracy continues and now involves the whole southwest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties