Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2020, 12:54 PM

12,818 posts, read 15,113,312 times

Advertisements

Is there some kind of website we can all go to in which keeps track of COVID cases amongst employees at all kind of various establishments (especially eating places & grocery stores) so we can find out & avoid going to those places?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2020, 02:35 PM

14,419 posts, read 11,867,791 times
You can find lists of restaurants that were closed due to failing a health inspection (cockroach infestation, etc.) but I don't believe there is any list of establishments where an employee tested positive for Covid. If it was a really significant outbreak, the store/restaurant might decide to close temporary, but otherwise I don't know how you would ever know that, say, a cashier tested positive last week. If this thought gives you a lot of anxiety, you're probably better off getting someone else to shop and pick up food for you.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:38 PM

4,038 posts, read 1,908,377 times
For how long?

Would you note the location - then check back in two weeks - or just never go again? It's not like the sick person was there the whole time, right? So are worried that they know a contagious individual is STILL at work?

seems highly unlikely.

so you must be worried that some co-worker has it - and doesn't know it - which, of course, is always true, at every place.

Not sure what you hope to get out of this except: If a person is sick - has symptoms - and showed up for work TODAY _ then don't go there today. But most places would be temp. closed in that scenario.

Old 08-23-2020, 07:40 PM

Thanks so far for the comments guys.

Not that I've hardly gone anywhere these past 5 mos...just pretty much

- walking in the park
- drives in which I've stayed in the car 99.9% of the time
- grocery shopping in which I wear a mask, face shield, & sunglasses

For a good 3-4 mos, I only had gotten takeout probably 2xs, but I'm gradually getting takeout a tad more often, so I'd like to know if there's a place I need to stay away from. I go to various grocery stores too. IF I did find out someone testing positive, I probably wouldn't go there again for the next 2 mos or longer to really be safe.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:40 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,805,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Thanks so far for the comments guys.

Not that I've hardly gone anywhere these past 5 mos...just pretty much

- walking in the park
- drives in which I've stayed in the car 99.9% of the time
- grocery shopping in which I wear a mask, face shield, & sunglasses

For a good 3-4 mos, I only had gotten takeout probably 2xs, but I'm gradually getting takeout a tad more often, so I'd like to know if there's a place I need to stay away from. I go to various grocery stores too. IF I did find out someone testing positive, I probably wouldn't go there again for the next 2 mos or longer to really be safe.
You are doing it right.

Old 08-24-2020, 11:17 AM

14,419 posts, read 11,867,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
You are doing it right.
And the people who are still going out and working and keeping everything going for you, so that you have food and running water and electricity and medical care and everything else you need....they are doing it wrong?

Old 08-24-2020, 02:40 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,805,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
And the people who are still going out and working and keeping everything going for you, so that you have food and running water and electricity and medical care and everything else you need....they are doing it wrong?
Nope, unless they are not wearing masks when in public or making/serving food, etc.

In his personal case he was doing things intelligently.

Old 08-24-2020, 07:15 PM

26,870 posts, read 27,053,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Is there some kind of website we can all go to in which keeps track of COVID cases amongst employees at all kind of various establishments (especially eating places & grocery stores) so we can find out & avoid going to those places?
This sounds as if it would be confidential information.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:44 PM

Quote:
You are doing it right.
Quote:
Nope, unless they are not wearing masks when in public or making/serving food, etc.

In his personal case he was doing things intelligently.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
This sounds as if it would be confidential information.
I guess so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties