Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2010, 08:27 AM

3 posts, read 7,011 times

Advertisements

First of all - sorry for my english we moved here from Germany and I'm still learning

My husband and I (34 and 40) are living in Baltimore right now and are planing to move to California. We also plan to open our own business there (we already started this here).

We want to move in between San Diego and L.A. but the house prices are very expensive. Right now we could afford to buy a house around 275.000. I did some research and figured out that Temecula or Murietta might be an alternative for us.

Can anybody tell me something about those two places? Which of the both would be nicer to live.

Ok here are some of my questions:

- House prices and cost of living
- Safe and good areas to live
- Business parks (also leasing or rental costs)
- good schools (we don't have kids but it would be better to buy a house in a good school district)
- air pollution (is it really so bad)

Thank you all for your help... I'm so excited about your answers. Best, Schabenmaul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 09:19 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
There's another poster here from Germany - Buburuza. I think she is in Temecula.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:14 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,958,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
There's another poster here from Germany - Buburuza. I think she is in Temecula.
And wishes she was in Europe.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:11 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,770,204 times
Temecula would be a better option than Murrieta, but it's not that big of a difference. There should be plenty of commercial real estate open I imagine. My family chose Temecula over Murrieta and our price range was slightly lower than yours(didn't work out, but that's another story)

As far as pollution I don't think it's that bad because there is generally a good breeze coming off the coastal facing mountains that blows everything deeper inland. The worst pollution is further inland and to the north in the San Bernardino area where you get a bowl effect that traps it all in.

Be forewarned that it gets pretty warm in the long summer, generally dry heat, but it will be different than you're used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties