Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 03:11 PM

75 posts, read 107,965 times

Advertisements

As I take a break for lunch in between college classes and sending out resumes, this article made my day! You just have to read this... an angry e-mail to the Padres results in a flood of job offers for a San Diego woman:

Rejected by Padres, Woman's rude email goes viral - New York Daily News

Obviously, "your mileage may vary"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 04:29 PM

396 posts, read 925,498 times
She had a flood of interest outside of california. Big whoop.

I can easily get a high paying job back in the midwest or east but getting one in California is much tougher. I think this woman is annoying. Who knows, maybe her resume format is garbage or she doesn't know how to sell herself. Just because she has a masters degree doesn't make her qualified. The Padres are a highly desirable employer in SD and can have high standards so they can chose whoever they want. Its also who you know, maybe she is terrible at networking because she lacks professionalism and is an unlikable person.

There are millions of qualified people out there with no jobs, what gives her the right to act unprofessional about it? "Suck me d___? Yea, real professional lady. Typical classless young female that is quite prevalent in SoCal.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:47 PM

75 posts, read 107,965 times
It was kind of funny if you ask me. Was she unprofessional? Yes. Should the Padres have left it at a simple candidate rejection letter instead of asking her to pay to attend a job fair? Absolutely. Education and degrees (or money) don't necessarily give a person "class". To your point of desirable employers in San Diego, with so many unemployed people wanting to live here for the weather, etc., that could be said of just about any employer paying more than the minimum wage. Two wrongs don't make a right, so I believe the Padres were wrong for forwarding her e-mail, even if it results in her being hired elsewhere due to all of the publicity.

Anyway, let's get this team SOLD to someone who knows how to win games! And let's get next year's games back on Time-Warner channel 704!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odannyboi View Post

I can easily get a high paying job back in the midwest or east but getting one in California is much tougher. I think this woman is annoying. Who knows, maybe her resume format is garbage or she doesn't know how to sell herself. Just because she has a masters degree doesn't make her qualified. The Padres are a highly desirable employer in SD and can have high standards so they can chose whoever they want. Its also who you know, maybe she is terrible at networking because she lacks professionalism and is an unlikable person.

There are millions of qualified people out there with no jobs, what gives her the right to act unprofessional about it? "Suck me d___? Yea, real professional lady. Typical classless young female that is quite prevalent in SoCal.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:07 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,382,328 times
Maybe the moral of the story here is that investing in a Masters degree in "Sports Management" probably isn't the best investment in the world these days. And applying with the same organization 30+ times for various positions and getting rejected.. probably isn't the smartest thing in the world either.

Definitely this isn't the type of person that I'd want working for one of my companies. Her response pretty much explains probably why she doesn't have a job.

Also, to think that this woman is going to be looking for a legal position in the future, I can't imagine these words will be very helpful for her when she is done with her law degree.

Just taking a glance at her LinkedIn profile kind of says it all. Her resume comes across as very unimpressive. Hopefully if the law degree doesn't help, her development of a "high end, all-female athletic and leisure wear brand" works out for her.

Edit:

Oops...I guess according to this, she is a law school drop out.

http://www.businessinsider.com/taylo...-letter-2012-8

Last edited by earlyretirement; 08-20-2012 at 06:18 PM..

Old 08-20-2012, 06:16 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,736,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odannyboi View Post

Thank you. Not sure how this woman can feel so entitled to a job that I'm sure attracted many qualified people. She claims that she applied for some 30 odd positions with the organization? She must have applied to everything from President of the organization to a mail clerk. And for her to send a message saying to fellate her is just plain classless. Heck, I would have passed over her just for that awful dye job she has going on........Bitter, table for one!

Old 08-20-2012, 06:24 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,382,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Thank you. Not sure how this woman can feel so entitled to a job that I'm sure attracted many qualified people. She claims that she applied for some 30 odd positions with the organization? She must have applied to everything from President of the organization to a mail clerk. And for her to send a message saying to fellate her is just plain classless. Heck, I would have passed over her just for that awful dye job she has going on........Bitter, table for one!
Exactly! I was thinking the same thing. How does one person get rejected for 30+ positions but they even passed on her for minimum wage positions. I guess this is also a good example that it's not always easy to even get a job in San Diego with an education.

But I can't imagine this publicity will help her much. Also, in other interview she admits to defaulting on student loans.

Man I hope she is able to find a job in the future. I doubt this publicity will help her much.

Taylor Grey Meyer, Rejected For Padres Job, Extends Counteroffer To 'Suck My ****' - Careers Articles

Old 08-20-2012, 06:37 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,736,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
Exactly! I was thinking the same thing. How does one person get rejected for 30+ positions but they even passed on her for minimum wage positions. I guess this is also a good example that it's not always easy to even get a job in San Diego with an education.

But I can't imagine this publicity will help her much. Also, in other interview she admits to defaulting on student loans.

Man I hope she is able to find a job in the future. I doubt this publicity will help her much.

Taylor Grey Meyer, Rejected For Padres Job, Extends Counteroffer To 'Suck My ****' - Careers Articles
Who would want to hire her after this? She's already proven what she's capable of doing, and wouldn't be surprised if they checked into her background to find that she has company lawsuits in her past. She just seems like bad news, and perhaps the Padres Organization saw it.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:38 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,932,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
nice use of verbs

Old 08-20-2012, 07:45 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,825,676 times
Hmmm, the letter was a little humorous and VERY Unprofessional.

She reminds me of this old Commercial where the newly hired young man who didn't want to type in the mailing label application because "He had a Masters Degree" and such tasks were below him. It didn't go over that well for him in the commercial either.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:09 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,974,583 times
It would be kind of hard for Padres management to suck her d**k because unless she's had some interesting surgery going on, she doesn't have one.

And if this is the kind of person she is, no wonder why they didn't want her.

Plus, maybe they did a background check and her alleged law degree was found to be non-existent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego