Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 08:29 PM

125 posts, read 197,211 times

Advertisements

We're looking to rent, townhouse or maybe kid friendly apartment complex within commuting distance to petco park...up to 30-40 mins max.
Approx 100k income. Schools are priority, elementary and middle but of course must be good high school too.
I'd appreciate any advice/input.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 08:58 PM

6,506 posts, read 7,536,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarabella View Post
We're looking to rent, townhouse or maybe kid friendly apartment complex within commuting distance to petco park...up to 30-40 mins max.
Approx 100k income. Schools are priority, elementary and middle but of course must be good high school too.
I'd appreciate any advice/input.
Thank you
Look for home rentals in Villa Portofino neighborhood in Tierrasanta. We lived there for 3 years and its hard to imagine a neighborhood more kid friendly than that place was. The homes were off street, garages/car ports were accessible via an alley in the back of the homes and the front of the homes were located on walkways away from the street. It was quite a popular spot for trick or treaters as it was off street and well lit. There were tennis courts, a play ground and a swimming pool. Lots of military families, it was like living in an apartment complex but the homes were all detached and had a small yard/patio area.

Our 3 bedreeom 1400 sq foot house was about $2200 a month which would eat up about a quarter of your annual income.

Its about 15-20 minutes to East Village and Petco park down the 15 to the 94 West.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:41 AM

Thank you...I'll put that on the list. I might have added that we're moving from Florida, my husband has been to SD but I haven't yet. I've looked a little on Zillow and Apartments.com but are there better local rental agencies/websites?
Ty again

Old 11-01-2013, 11:52 AM

5208 Fino Drive, Tierrasanta, CA 92124 - HotPads

Here is one for rent in that neighborhood at the moment, the kitchen looks a bit outdated compared to the home that we lived in. It really depends on the owner of the home and how much money they've decided to put into it. The place where we lived at had a brand new flooring, counter tops and appliances and new carpets, so it really felt "FRESH". Remember, even though its like an apt complex, these are actually houses not apartments.

Do a google street view, you will see that it is very well maintained community. There might be more out there for rent, we actually found ours on Craigslist.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:50 PM

Thanks...the home search will be easier when one of us is in SD at least, so hard to get a good grasp of communities/schools from 2000 miles away

Old 11-01-2013, 05:13 PM

490 posts, read 1,555,827 times
I would also suggest Tierrasanta -- look at areas around DePortola Middle School, Linda Vista & Tierrasanta Elementary schools -- all nice family areas, mostly single-family homes, but probably would be some rentals available. Those schools and the the High School, Serra, would be fine for your kids, I've taught at all of them ha

Old 11-01-2013, 07:14 PM

Thank you...I had been looking at Poway/Santee would that be an option w our income/commute?

Old 11-01-2013, 07:25 PM

Santee is a cheaper option. About a 20-25 minute commute to downtown via the 125 South to the 94 West. Not sure about the traffic in rush hour, I would guess 30 to 35 minutes.

Poway is a little farther up and out, I would guess about 40 minute drive to Petco but I am not entirely sure since its farther away from the freeway.

Both are good family options.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:28 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
It takes about 20 minutes in good traffic to get to PETCO. longer in traffic from the border of Sabre Springs and Poway. Poway schools are rated high. We have lived hear for 2 years and we enjoy the Sabre Springs area. The are several condo complexes which are in the Poway school district but close to freeway for the commute. Since schools are the priority I would look here. 3 bedrooms go for about $2300.

San Diego California Apartments - Home - Creek View

Be sure to ask about schools. The complex only allows parking by residents and with 2 car garages there is little to no traffic. Kids abound.

You can also find homes in Poway which are within that price range as well I would try to hook up with a property management firm or realtor in this area for help.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:13 PM

Thank you I try to compare the GreatSchools website with Zillow etc but becomes v confusing. Sabre Springs looks v nice too.
Thanks again all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego