Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2015, 12:03 AM

401 posts, read 444,692 times

Advertisements

Watering Limited to 2 Days Weekly in San Diego County - Times of San Diego

Effective as of June 1st.

(Sorry @happyinca for repost, but I thought it deserved a thread to serve as a friendly notice.)

Last edited by The Flying Dutchman; 05-15-2015 at 12:06 AM.. Reason: To credit @happyinca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 11:51 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Dutchman View Post
Watering Limited to 2 Days Weekly in San Diego County - Times of San Diego

Effective as of June 1st.

(Sorry @happyinca for repost, but I thought it deserved a thread to serve as a friendly notice.)
We need to get the word out!!! Thanks for posting this. Everyone should not water for at least two weeks due to this rain and adopt the new schedule as of June 1st.

I think it is amazing that people need to be told not to water. And even worse if you see government offices/agencies with sprinklers going during a rain storm!

Old 05-15-2015, 01:47 PM

813 posts, read 1,273,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
We need to get the word out!!! Thanks for posting this. Everyone should not water for at least two weeks due to this rain and adopt the new schedule as of June 1st.

I think it is amazing that people need to be told not to water. And even worse if you see government offices/agencies with sprinklers going during a rain storm!
What makes me crazy is this recent news story about drinking water being pumped into Chollas Lake.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:45 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
I have a feeling, no matter how much this is posted or pushed...there will be those who choose to ignore it. I noticed this morning, after a full night of rainfall and it was STILL pouring, a neighbor had their sprinklers going full blast. Ya just can't fix stupid

Old 05-15-2015, 03:37 PM

441 posts, read 534,339 times
Mea culpa, it might have been our house - we bought it late last month but won't be moving in for another 10 days (moving from out of state). I think the sprinklers were left on a three morning a week schedule. I promise as soon as we arrive, we will follow the rules. We've been one of the few houses on our street to follow our village's watering schedule and the water comes from Lake Michigan so most people don't care. But we do!

Old 05-15-2015, 03:42 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWarmer View Post
Mea culpa, it might have been our house - we bought it late last month but won't be moving in for another 10 days (moving from out of state). I think the sprinklers were left on a three morning a week schedule. I promise as soon as we arrive, we will follow the rules. We've been one of the few houses on our street to follow our village's watering schedule and the water comes from Lake Michigan so most people don't care. But we do!
Ah Cat..you have a very valid excuse! My neighbors are there...they are just either too lazy or just don't care. Knowing them...I'm guessing a little bit of both!

Old 05-15-2015, 05:19 PM

Location: San Diego via Orange County via Toronto via Rome Italy
390 posts, read 795,495 times
They can have my lawn . . . . when they pry it out of my parched, dead hands . . . .

Old 05-15-2015, 10:43 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
I have a feeling, no matter how much this is posted or pushed...there will be those who choose to ignore it. I noticed this morning, after a full night of rainfall and it was STILL pouring, a neighbor had their sprinklers going full blast. Ya just can't fix stupid
This is the sad truth. Many don't care or pay attention. We as a region need to think of it as liquid gold and not waste water.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:49 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Ripped out the lawn two years ago but thinking about a small patch in the back with the reclaimed water from the washing machine as the source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego