Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 06:34 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times

Advertisements

What's Difference between the white nationalist movement and the BLM?
Trick Question!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 07:21 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
He had been deported 6 times prior; yet he still snuck back in every time.

If the city of SF had followed the law, and kept him in custody, Kate Steinle would still be here today.

Instead, the city of SF, with it's liberal delusions, released the criminal back into the population.

As far as I'm concerned, the city of SF, with it's sanctuary policy, has Kate's blood on their hands.
Probably has more to do with SF being a sanctuary city for the homeless than for illegals. Both of course should not be allowed.

If Trump had kept his mouth shut the result of the trial would have been different. Just like if Obama had kept his mouth shut the result of the George Zimmerman trial would have been different. The verdict was jury nullification in the name of pissing off a locally hated president, in both cases.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:28 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Probably has more to do with SF being a sanctuary city for the homeless than for illegals. Both of course should not be allowed.

If Trump had kept his mouth shut the result of the trial would have been different. Just like if Obama had kept his mouth shut the result of the George Zimmerman trial would have been different. The verdict was jury nullification in the name of pissing off a locally hated president, in both cases.
I do not agree with respect to the George Zimmerman trial. There was a mountain of evidence that the defendant acted in self defense. Moreover, the victim's girlfriend's testimony did the defendant many favors as she seemed illiterate.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 12-29-2017 at 07:54 PM..

Old 12-29-2017, 08:12 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I do not agree with respect to the George Zimmerman trial. There was a mountain of evidence that the defendant acted in self defense. Moreover, the victim's girlfriend's testimony did the defendant many favors as she seemed illiterate.
We can agree to disagree on that (although I would not want either the victim or the suspect in the FL case in my neighborhood) but the bottom line here is that presidents shouldn't go shooting their mouths off about crimes that aren't on the federal level, and that by doing so - in the country we live in now - they risk compromising criminal cases. The pattern set already, originally by Obama and continued by Trump, is going to result in more guilty people going free. And not just sympathetic defendants either.

This admittedly is not as likely in SD, OC, or the IE as it is in LA or the Bay.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
We can agree to disagree on that (although I would not want either the victim or the suspect in the FL case in my neighborhood) but the bottom line here is that presidents shouldn't go shooting their mouths off about crimes that aren't on the federal level, and that by doing so - in the country we live in now - they risk compromising criminal cases. The pattern set already, originally by Obama and continued by Trump, is going to result in more guilty people going free. And not just sympathetic defendants either.

This admittedly is not as likely in SD, OC, or the IE as it is in LA or the Bay.
I agree with this. I do wish Trump would take the advice of others and shut up, a definite character fault.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Looks like UCSD needs a dose of reality, Red Elephants style.

RIP Kate Steinle -- you will never be forgotten.
The Red Elephants reported that a white Diablo Valley College professor who called for the death of whites, resigned. Then the Drexel professor resigned. We need to monitor the goings-on on campuses, USCD included.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:27 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
I too was disappointed with the verdict in the Kate Steinle murder trial, especially for her poor father who suffered so horribly seeing his daughter die in front of him. I can't imagine the agony the family has been through and the loss of such a beautiful young woman is truly heartbreaking.

However, at the same time, I can't help wondering why so many of the people expressing outrage about Kate Steinle's horrible death (including the President and some posters in this thread) failed to express anything close to the same anger and outrage about Heather Heyer's death or her killer.

Last edited by RosieSD; 12-29-2017 at 11:46 PM..

Old 12-30-2017, 12:02 AM

False equivalence: Heather Heyer's killer is being prosecuted and there is no danger of his being acquitted. Moreover, no Governor wants to pardon her killer so that he can stay in the United States.

Old 12-30-2017, 12:39 AM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
False equivalence: Heather Heyer's killer is being prosecuted and there is no danger of his being acquitted. Moreover, no Governor wants to pardon her killer so that he can stay in the United States.
It's a double standard to be upset and angry about Kate Steinle's killing and not Heather Heyer's killing, and I'm sorry - but perhaps not entirely surprised - that you don't understand why.

Last edited by RosieSD; 12-30-2017 at 01:41 AM..

Old 12-30-2017, 07:09 AM

919 posts, read 790,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
It's a double standard to be upset and angry about Kate Steinle's killing and not Heather Heyer's killing, and I'm sorry - but perhaps not entirely surprised - that you don't understand why.
Agree. And also not surprised where "true believers" are involved.
Dave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego