Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 04:38 PM

17 posts, read 26,816 times

Advertisements

Last time I visited SD (two years ago) I had the best Mexican food ever (in a city where there is no such thing as actual bad Mexican food). But I don't remember the name or exact location. I will be in SD in a couple days and I “need” to find it. Can someone help? I know that it is a food truck parked in a parking lot of a store ... maybe a Target. It is not very far from Balboa Park. It might specialize in seafood, but definitely Mexican food. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 11:38 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,570,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaireSD View Post
Any help would be appreciated.
Try this website. It has a complete list of local food trucks. Maybe you'll see a familiar name.

http://sdfoodtrucks.com/

Old 03-30-2021, 09:09 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,887,176 times
https://g.co/kgs/JEeupo

https://youtu.be/wrQSMcU_IRQ go to 18:35 for the featured segment.

Yep, in the Target parking lot in South Park, you’ll get some heated arguments otherwise but it’s one of the best in the city, just up the street from me. It has been featured on CNN and several “eater, traveling” YouTube videos. When my brother comes down to visit from the mountains of Northern California he’ll go up there like three times a day and my 88 y.o. mom is equally obsessed with the food there.

Old 03-30-2021, 12:42 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
Tons of authentic Mexican Food in TJ

Old 03-30-2021, 02:01 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,525,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
Try this website. It has a complete list of local food trucks. Maybe you'll see a familiar name.

http://sdfoodtrucks.com/
I used to use this list to reach out to food trucks to come to my office.
What I noticed about the list though was that alot of the "roach coach" style Mexican taco/mariscos food trucks you find parked in front gas stations and other stores are not listed on here. For example, the Nine Seas truck featured in TDAMONS Youtube isn't found on the list. The trucks on this list are usually the ones that go to fairs, festivals, offices , food truck gatherings and other events.

Old 03-30-2021, 03:08 PM

17 posts, read 26,816 times
Yes!!!!! Nine Seas! Thank you so very much!!! I can’t wait to go there again! Thanks you!

Old 03-30-2021, 05:24 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,570,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I used to use this list to reach out to food trucks to come to my office.
What I noticed about the list though was that alot of the "roach coach" style Mexican taco/mariscos food trucks you find parked in front gas stations and other stores are not listed on here.
When I was in the Air Force, all we had was Roach Coaches. They grow on you.

Old 03-30-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
When I was in the Air Force, all we had was Roach Coaches. They grow on you.
That and the price is right, many times the gourmet trucks are just too expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Tons of authentic Mexican Food in TJ
Doña Marta at the truck called Mariscos Ruben by the Tijuana Costco makes some of the best sea food dishes in TJ.

https://www.sandiegored.com/en/news/...s-in-the-world

Old 04-02-2021, 05:36 PM

3,394 posts, read 2,800,591 times
Try Kikos Seafood Lunch Truck in Mission Valley West off of Friars Road.

GREAT Seafood. Tacos...Burritos

Old 04-08-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Try Kikos Seafood Lunch Truck in Mission Valley West off of Friars Road.

GREAT Seafood. Tacos...Burritos
I've seen the Kikos truck downtown in the East Village.

Yup, La Reina Del Sur Mariscos truck at the liquor store at 4404 Texas St has some great eats too. Two shrimp tacos and one fish taco for $8 dlls, much more satisfying to than Rubios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego