Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2023, 10:18 AM

50,344 posts, read 63,928,555 times

Advertisements

My granddaughter decided to look at houses a week ago Thursday. She saw 3 houses on Sunday and made an offer. She was one of at least 3 offers, but fortunately hers was accepted. This is a 100+ year old flip house in Columbus, OH. You’ve got to be decisive and lucky. Her brother in St Louis, lost out on about 3 houses, and still hasn’t found one.

I am in Savannah area, and I think there is a definite scarcity of houses for sale, so I’m not worried about value. We are getting a new Hyundai plant and Gulfstream is hiring 1600 new employees. The scarcity will only get worse.

My problem is, we might normally have another move left in us, but if I sold my house, it would cost me just as much for a worse house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2023, 10:25 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,448,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ya, I see like 10 for sale in Bay Park and the cheapest is still 1.2 million. Not a lot to pick through and they are still all expensive.

Looking at it now, a few have to be flips that missed the boat just like in my neighborhood. It must hurt to be making $100k worth of price cuts as your investment flounders on the market.

Old 04-10-2023, 11:50 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,559,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Inventory is incredibly low. Joe's link from another thread.
And that's fine. But you do need to stop lying and saying there are no houses and maybe people will take you more seriously

Old 04-10-2023, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Joe's link from another thread.
P.S. And according to "joe's chart" the inventory is up 50% from the previous year (just sayin')

Old 04-10-2023, 04:36 PM

3,070 posts, read 1,739,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ya, I see like 10 for sale in Bay Park and the cheapest is still 1.2 million. Not a lot to pick through and they are still all expensive.
And inventory will stay low because people just won't sell. So much for C2BP's dire predictions. With the amount of condo's that are going up, SFD is just going to increase in value.

Old 04-10-2023, 06:39 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
And inventory will stay low because people just won't sell. So much for C2BP's dire predictions. With the amount of condo's that are going up, SFD is just going to increase in value.
Ya, Capt 50% haircut that should have bought but didn't. Oh well. My place is still listed as higher than last year and well over a million plus.

Old 04-11-2023, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
And that's fine. But you do need to stop lying and saying there are no houses and maybe people will take you more seriously

I don't say "there are no houses". I pointed out that in my zip code there were ten listings the other day, and in reality there are only six when the condos are excluded and two SFH with unrealistic pricing and/or strings attached. You just have this tendency to read words into posts that literally don't exist. You do it all the time. As for taking me seriously, I don't care what you think and you don't speak for "people", you speak for yourself. Also, what's with all the hostility? Sheesh.

Old 04-11-2023, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
P.S. And according to "joe's chart" the inventory is up 50% from the previous year (just sayin')

You don't read charts well if that was your takeaway.

Old 04-11-2023, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I bolded "cash buyers" for a reason.
eta: AND there has to be homes available before you can purchase, before you can refinance. And there aren't any right now.
Quote:
I don't say "there are no houses". I pointed out that in my zip code there were ten listings the other day, and in reality there are only six when the condos are excluded and two SFH with unrealistic pricing and/or strings attached. You just have this tendency to read words into posts that literally don't exist. You do it all the time. As for taking me seriously, I don't care what you think and you don't speak for "people", you speak for yourself. Also, what's with all the hostility? Sheesh.
And you continue to perpetuate the same lie. You do realize people can read your posts? Please stop making disingenuous clams (I don't think that's an unreasonable request or hostile in any way). Your hyperbole does nothing to add to the conversation. There is a big difference between saying inventory is low versus there are no houses. One is an honest assessment of the situation, and the other is fear-mongering.

P.S. And pointing out to you that the inventory levels have increased by 50% using the chart you cited is also a very factual comment.

Last edited by blameyourself; 04-11-2023 at 10:17 AM..

Old 04-11-2023, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
And inventory will stay low because people just won't sell.

Even at 98% people getting their asking price, there's just no incentive to sell right now unless someone really has to do it, especially with rentals being what they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego