Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2023, 10:32 PM

1 posts, read 7,896 times

Advertisements

I have been in and out of SD since going to SDSU in the 80's. I remember when El Cajon Blvd. and University Ave. BOTH literally had a hooker on every corner from the College Area, to Park Blvd.

THAT is no longer the case! Both streets have cleaned up nicely. Some of it may have to do with the fact that ALL the cheap "hourly" motels are gone. Or maybe the Internet/social media allows these "working girls" to operate "below the radar" and out of site. I do know that since returning to SD (for the 6th time!) in 2021, I have yet to see ANY "ladies of the evening" on either University Ave. (which I again live on-as I did in 89-90), or El Cajon Blvd. (which used to have all the "no tell" motels on it). I guess it is safe to say that this type of "blight" (now persecuted in the form of going after human trafficking!) is out-of-SD-at least these "tracks".

Or am I wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2023, 10:56 PM

4,537 posts, read 12,398,619 times
I think you are correct, and you have nailed (no pun intended) the reasons why.

1. Not all of the No-Tel Motels are gone, but their number is fewer.

2. I think a lot of the solicitation has moved online, though I don't know this as a fact, if you get my drift.

3. Yes, the SDPD and DA have cracked down on human trafficking, and that has eliminated some of it.

It's not gone, but there is less. My guess is that #2 was the biggest reason, followed by #1. The infrastructure of prostitution has changed.

Old 06-11-2023, 02:41 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,527,078 times
I've been here since 2003 and always heard that there were hookers on El Cajon Blvd but never actually saw any until 5 years after my arrival. I saw more soliciting of among dudes after dark in Balboa Park than I did of female prostitutes and Johns on El Cajon Blvd. I only witnessed this one time as I was sitting in the then office of House of Motorcycles (4182 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92105) filling out the paper work to purchase my brand new 2007 Kawasaki, when I look out the window there is an obvious lady of the night walking right by at about dusk making a deal with some John.

These days, the news reports the the girls have moved closer to the Naval base. They've even reported higher number of girls on military pay day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ-50a6bQsU

Old 06-11-2023, 02:47 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,311,390 times
There are still a hookers on El Cajon Blvd, because I see them when I'm walking home from the bus stop at night when I get off work.

There are lots of them across from the base, and always have been. I lived in Barrio Logan for three years directly across from the base on Dalbergia Street, and they were out 24/7. SDPD did a sting, and they disappeared for a while, but came back. The Main Street Motel was shut down, and that supposedly helped some, since they rented their rooms by the hour.

Old 06-20-2023, 10:25 AM

316 posts, read 665,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUDCCIV View Post
I have been in and out of SD since going to SDSU in the 80's. I remember when El Cajon Blvd. and University Ave. BOTH literally had a hooker on every corner from the College Area, to Park Blvd.

THAT is no longer the case! Both streets have cleaned up nicely. Some of it may have to do with the fact that ALL the cheap "hourly" motels are gone. Or maybe the Internet/social media allows these "working girls" to operate "below the radar" and out of site. I do know that since returning to SD (for the 6th time!) in 2021, I have yet to see ANY "ladies of the evening" on either University Ave. (which I again live on-as I did in 89-90), or El Cajon Blvd. (which used to have all the "no tell" motels on it). I guess it is safe to say that this type of "blight" (now persecuted in the form of going after human trafficking!) is out-of-SD-at least these "tracks".

Or am I wrong?

So basically you're asking where to find them now?

Old 06-21-2023, 11:40 AM

1,397 posts, read 675,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt518 View Post
Zona Norte.

Old 06-21-2023, 11:52 AM

2,611 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt518 View Post

Old 06-23-2023, 12:03 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,311,390 times
I saw one at walking up El Cajon Blvd today.

While I was waiting for the bus to go to SDSU at El Cajon Blvd & Winona Avenue, I saw a woman in a silver/gray sparkly micro-mini dress with platform heels walking up the street. I tried to get a picture, but there were too many cars going by. This was around 4pm.

Old 06-29-2023, 04:04 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,449 times
Worlds oldest profession and people still think they can eliminate it.
San Diego was never like Sunset Blvd in Hollywood in the early 80s.
Along with never winning a significant sports championship, its yet another reason why this will always be a wanna be, second rate city.

Old 06-29-2023, 04:19 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,539,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Worlds oldest profession and people still think they can eliminate it.
San Diego was never like Sunset Blvd in Hollywood in the early 80s.
Along with never winning a significant sports championship, its yet another reason why this will always be a wanna be, second rate city.
Yo Mama
And why in the he!! do we have a thread about Street Walkers?
I leave for a little bit and now we have a Pimp N Ho Section of City Data
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego